DDA OKs $3.2M loan for Redico office building

Allan

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a big fan of ESPN Zone. It's basically an arcade with a bar and big TV. That's fine and all, I certainly wouldn't complain if we got one, but I never really enjoyed them all that much when I lived in D.C. (and visited the Baltimore one as well a couple times a year). I prefer the neighborhood sports bar.

A sit down / mid-tier to upper scale Chinese joint would be nice. Can't get anything other than takeout type Chinese in the city (that I'm aware of).

Whatever goes in the Kennedy Square retail area, I do hope one is a restaurant with outdoor seating so you can have a bite to eat and drinks outside during those warm summer nights while the fountain is all lit up and shooting in the air. I'm a big fan of drinks outdoors. ...in fact, I guess I'm just a big fan of drinks. But drinks outdoors in one of America's greatest urban spaces would be incredible!

.....wouldn't it be lovely.....

I wonder why the white strips of metal on the white corner section of the building (seen in the lower left of the picture) don't continue over the last, narrower window before the corner?

Just an observation. It's either supposed to be that way or isn't finished yet. :dontknow:

I wonder why the white strips of metal on the white corner section of the building (seen in the lower left of the picture) don't continue over the last, narrower window before the corner?

Just an observation. It's either supposed to be that way or isn't finished yet. :dontknow:

I think that is the way it is supposed to be.

Hmm, maybe it's their way of showing architectural detail, but in a piss poor way.

I was walking by it this afternoon and I thought it was looking good. It looks like out front they will have some interesting landscaping that will add to the area. Also, the spire they are installing will start at the base of the building and go all the way to the top. Regardless of how you feel about the spire it will end up being a very cool lighting effect when all is said and done.

I took a tour with ULI Detroit a few months ago. The Redico guys said the spire was supposed to add a sense of height to the building along with the "Best Buy" sloping facade feature. That confused me since everything else about the building is horizontal and really makes little effor to look tall.

I think you're right hudkina, it's flair.

I think it works well with the surroundings. The intersection of Fort and Griswold is now a showcase of four eras of Detroit architectual history. You have the Dime Building from the early 1900's, the Penobscot from the Art Deco era, Bank One from the 60's modern era, and One Kennedy from the post-modern era.

Archived