DDA OKs $3.2M loan for Redico office building

Allan

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i actually wouldn't mind another blackout like 2003... it was kinda nice to have that little roughin-it, vacation smack dab in the middle of summer! Of course, we'd have to deal with the national media reports of widespread looting in detroit again :rolleyes:

i actually wouldn't mind another blackout like 2003... it was kinda nice to have that little roughin-it, vacation smack dab in the middle of summer! Of course, we'd have to deal with the national media reports of widespread looting in detroit again :rolleyes:

I thought that the blackout was really fun. When we didn't know what was going on, that was when it was crazy.

Hurry up and check out the campus martius webcam because the lighting is on the decorative spire that goes up the building.

I tried to find this webcam the other night and didn't have any luck...any clues as to where it's at??

I hope One Kennedy is like Woodward Place in Brush Park, in that it is only a hint of what good is to come. There's just something(s) about the design that I can't seem to get over. I'll appreciate it much better, though, when I see people frequenting it, and the extra life it will add to the already busy C-Mart Park.

It was a very tough site to work with. Typically these buildings have their garages face alleys where shipping/receiving and garbage is picked up. But loading docks do have the potential to be very nice things. It might have helped if they inset the loading area back into the building. Additionally they could offer a secondary entrance right by the docks which could help reduce the utilitarian feel to the back of the building.

It's very unfortunate it ended up that way because Griswold is technically Detroit's "skyscraper mainstreet." The ground floor should be embracing the street rather than having its back to it.

They may have been able to recess the docks further into the building, and glass over the entrance to thse docks creating a small pocket. I wonder how much more space that would have taken out of the ground floor, though? All things considered, I'm far more disappointed with the overall design than what they've done to the back of it.

Archived