Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Their was also a Winn Dixie across the street from a 7-11 that was by a road to get to like to Sam's Club and so on and also close to a road that would take you by St. Mary M. Church.

The next close Grocery store before Longwood on 17/92 is Publix and Target.

Edited by mgsports

It looks like there is finally some activity at the Channel 55 (Majesty) Building in Alt. Springs, with new windows being installed on the lower floors.

Nothing to get excited about...

http://www.wesh.com/news/15559265/detail.html

http://www.wesh.com/news/15585869/detail.html

Edited by MadHero

• 4 weeks later...

where's that article about the Millennia developments... something about office/mixed use, some 7 stories; 4 stories; with the building wrapped around the parking decks much like Uptown at Altamonte is? THe first building is currently U/C just south of the Mall across the moat.

• 5 weeks later...

Village at Lake Lilly-- I wonder, are they downsizing this? it looks like they may only be placing two residential levels on top of the retail instead of the 3 shown in the rendering.. and there's a metal "box" at the corner already where the tower would go (at Lake Ave.)...

Wow! I can't believe that is downtown Kissimmee. I used to play b-ball on the green court in the background of that second picture. When we'd meetup, we'd just call it the Lakefront.

SPECIAL SESSION.... come on Crist. Call it. We need to get a special session on commuter rail. If Kissimmee gets a train station right there, there will be more of these mid-rise projects in downtown Kissimmee.

^I think this project was marketed as transit oriented development for the future commuter rail station. It would literally be in their front yard. This is a great example of the positive effect of commuter rail, and its not even here yet!

In other Kissimmee news, they are completely overhauling the lakefront: Lake Toho Redevelopment

^I think this project was marketed as transit oriented development for the future commuter rail station. It would literally be in their front yard. This is a great example of the positive effect of commuter rail, and its not even here yet!

In other Kissimmee news, they are completely overhauling the lakefront: Lake Toho Redevelopment

Prabo... I am pretty sure commuter rail is dead.

Hmmm - my guess is if the gas prices continue rise to crisis levels - some are saying 10-15 a gallon - the state / feds will have to step in and "take" the line during commuter times for "the public good".... that and our "green" governor better step in soon or he will loose all credibility!

Any word of public rallys in favor of getting the rail deal done now?

What gives you that indication? Last I heard the special session was on its way.

Hell they are talking about cutting the BUS service from Volusia to Orlando (route 200?). That's not a good sign for commuter rail.

If they have a special session it might very well be to cut more from the budget.

What gives you that indication? Last I heard the special session was on its way.

Their was some political posturing by Mica in the immediate aftermath of the commuter rail defeat. But I have seen no mention of it recently. The differences between the bill and what lakeland and the trial lawyers want is intractibale in imho. So they won't call a special session unless it is a done deal. I have not read of any negotiations between the parties involved. Hope I am wrong. But I think commuter rail is very dead.

Prabo... I am pretty sure commuter rail is dead.

Some of our representatives think there still is a fighting chance.

Scott Maxwell 05/23/08

A trio of local legislators gathered for a post-session wrap-up Wednesday before the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce.

Among the thoughts and observations from Speaker-designate Dean Cannon, his fellow Republican in the Senate, Lee Constantine; and Democratic Rep. Scott Randolph were:

*Commuter rail will happen. Constantine predicted so with "99 percent" certainty. Cannon's optimism was slightly less: 95 percent.

it's alive.

if they come to an agreement, then they'll call a special session. if not, then they'll iron it out in next year's regular session;

as of now, we don't know what's up b/c of all the politics involved... but Mica's office is confident that they will work something out.

16 trains in Polk will be increased by 4 trains by the new ILC being built. JD Alexander of Polk wants it b/c the ILC will create 2-3k new jobs in Polk. and we know the political revenge games being played by certain congress-persons;

of course there's the liability issue and the trial lawyer lobby gunning for an increase in the caps as well. werd is that they are confident a deal will be worked out. if a special session is announced, it means that it's pretty much a done deal. it's a timing issue too. if not called, they'll address it again next year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

there is a plan for the Sand Lake Road CFRAIL station to have an LRT link running E-W that will go from OIA Intermodal Center to the OCCC, and then up I-Drive.

Mica's original plan was for the LRT which was shot down 10 years ago, to be followed up by CRT anyway. Now, the plan is CRT first.

Edited by JRS1