The Vue

cooperdawg

Is this for all of the units or the just a select few?

"Expansive ceilings UP TO 20 feet". I'm assuming only that this may be penthouses and some of the more expensive units. Maybe some of the mid ranged units will have something like 14 foot ceilings, then 10 foot for the lower end. I guess the point I was trying to get is that I don't believe we can use a formula and say that all 50 stories are 10 foot, or 50 x 10 = 500 foot tower + any concrete flooring which was described at approx 12 inches, 50 = another 50 feet = 550 foot tower. Looks like the 600 to 650 foot tower may be more accurate.

The Loft units in the Vue will have the expansive ceilings of "nearly" 20 feet. The actual height will be more like 18 or 19 feet.

The Studio units on the 8th floor which is the amenity deck level will have ceiling heights up to 12 feet. It's possible the units on this floor will have even higher ceilings than this. The Vue Orlando ended up giving these same units on the amenity deck level 15 foot ceilings. In other words those units will have the ceiling height as Club Vue and the weight room.

The Penthouse units and any other units that happen to be on the same floor as the penthouses will have 12 foot ceilings.

All other units are going to have 9 foot ceilings.

"Expansive ceilings UP TO 20 feet". I'm assuming only that this may be penthouses and some of the more expensive units. Maybe some of the mid ranged units will have something like 14 foot ceilings, then 10 foot for the lower end. I guess the point I was trying to get is that I don't believe we can use a formula and say that all 50 stories are 10 foot, or 50 x 10 = 500 foot tower + any concrete flooring which was described at approx 12 inches, 50 = another 50 feet = 550 foot tower. Looks like the 600 to 650 foot tower may be more accurate.

12" is a bit too much. The commercial project I have worked on were no more than 8" of concrete slabs.

Also if this is a post-tension structure then the concrete slabs will be more thin than cast in place, which equates to a cost reduction. Big reason why post-tension is and has become very popular.

Has anyone taken a trip to the City's permit department? The construction drawings should be public information.

Edited by Shakman

Earlier this week Vue got its shell/core building permit approved and issued. On the permit it states the building will have 53 floors and 962,517 sq ft. Sorry dont have any height numbers for you.

Hmm, wasn't it suppose to be 51 stories? Maybe the extra 2 are mechanical floors or something? 962k sq ft is pretty solid :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Vue will be 53 stories, floors 52 and 53 will be the roof with cooling towers.

. The crane will be going up Monday June 2.

Click here!

Interesting... that web site claims the Vue will the second tallest building in Charlotte behind BofA. I was under the impression the new Wachovia tower would be #2. Regardless, I can't wait for this to go up. Not b/c it's tall, but I think it will add some character and fill to the skyline. Not to mention that biometric entry system sounds pretty sweet.

I'm fairly certain it is just going to be the second tallest by floor count. Wachovia will be a good bit taller. I doubt the vue will be taller than hearst.

Ok, then that makes sense to their claim. Wachovia is suppose to be a good ~100 feet taller than The Vue.

Does it really matter that much?

Honestly No, it's just unneeded boasting done by the developer and the builder. They have called both 210 trade and the vue the "second tallest in charlotte" when they will both be smaller than the hearst by a little. The Vue would have been taller if they had not dropped the spires. What is important to me about this project is its effect on the western side of downtown. Hopefully with 400+ units it will help get people on the street around that area and will offer some good choices when the retail spaces finally open.