Lillian Feinstien Senior Center

1085 Chalkstone Street

For more info, call Mike Correia at 369-0247

The following people will be there:

Mayor Cicilline

Councilman Mancini, Soloman, Deluca & Hassett

Rep Gianinni

Sen Jabour

And a few others. Can't remember them all.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he's got a pretty good record in the senate and has responded to all contact i have made with him. that can't be said about other politicians i have contacted. the purpose of a senator is not solely to get federal money for the state.

Ok, so other than the Jack Reed discussion/disagreement.. The silence so far is deafening.. Its sort of sad I think.. Depressing a little bit..

But not surprising at all.. Is anyone surprised that there is almost no gov official that warrants mentioning?

Ok, so other than the Jack Reed discussion/disagreement.. The silence so far is deafening.. Its sort of sad I think.. Depressing a little bit..

But not surprising at all.. Is anyone surprised that there is almost no gov official that warrants mentioning?

I think the operative word in this post will be "was" but for the sake of argument:

Lincoln Chaffee was fantastic.

Lila Sapinsley was fantastic.

Barack Obama might be OK - not sure yet, but I think he might be.

Patrick Kennedy does make James Langevin look like Cicero

and I do like Theresa Paiva-Weed's pragmatism.

I don't know where any of them stood on overnight parking, but I am hoping we'll find out what Linc's position will be. They have it in Warwick don't they, so he has a record of supporting it....

He got us that nice big earmark for the commuter rail project (good for us, bad for our national debt I guess...). I can't really think of one state legislator worthy of mentioning. Or city councilor...or....yeah Ank you're pretty much right...

I think the operative word in this post will be "was" but for the sake of argument:

Lincoln Chaffee was fantastic.

Lila Sapinsley was fantastic.

Barack Obama might be OK - not sure yet, but I think he might be.

Patrick Kennedy does make James Langevin look like Cicero

and I do like Theresa Paiva-Weed's pragmatism.

I don't know where any of them stood on overnight parking, but I am hoping we'll find out what Linc's position will be. They have it in Warwick don't they, so he has a record of supporting it....

That is a rental car facility being built in Warwick

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rhode_isl...irport_by_2009/

Best quote of the article -"T.F. Green Airport is near railroad tracks that connect Boston, Providence and New York, but Amtrak recently decided it won't serve the station."

http://warwickonline.com/warwickonline/ind...1&Itemid=30 No agreement with Amtrak to allow MBTA to stop!

You might want to get out from under your rock once in awhile

the commuter rail project that is currently under construction. you should leave the bucket once in a while... did you know there's this train station being built in warwick?

and who ever said that a congressman must sponsor legislation in order to be good at his/her job?

i'm curious.... who would you define as a good government official? my guess is that no one meets your standards.

That is a rental car facility being built in Warwick

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rhode_isl...irport_by_2009/

Best quote of the article -"T.F. Green Airport is near railroad tracks that connect Boston, Providence and New York, but Amtrak recently decided it won't serve the station."

http://warwickonline.com/warwickonline/ind...1&Itemid=30 No agreement with Amtrak to allow MBTA to stop!

You might want to get out from under your rock once in awhile

The second article about the commuter rail was from last week and in light of the recent accidents; Amtrak is not going to let a commuter rail stop on the main line. It is an obvious design flaw in the intermodal center. In typical RI fashion, we move foward without looking at the full impact.

The 2006 post is the last due to the fact that Amtrak will never stop at TF Green and there is nothing else to discuss.

With unemployment at 8%. yes the 5.8 numbers released by the state are not correct. Carcieri is trying to hide the truth until his term has expired. Yes I am an equal oppurtunity hater when in come to pols. We need someone that is willing to tell the truth, roll up their sleeves and find solutions to the problems that plague this great state.

The second article about the commuter rail was from last week and in light of the recent accidents; Amtrak is not going to let a commuter rail stop on the main line. It is an obvious design flaw in the intermodal center. In typical RI fashion, we move foward without looking at the full impact.

you wanted an example... here's something from jack reed's march newsletter.

Recently, I helped introduced a comprehensive housing stimulus package that will help more families refinance out of bad loans, stabilize the economy, and improve regulations so this type of foreclosure crisis never happens again. The legislation includes a provision I authored to set new disclosure standards so lenders must clearly spell out the maximum payment involved in any mortgage.

• 2 months later...

My neighbor just sent me an e-mail. The City (right now) is installing Resident Permit Parking Only street signs on my block. :yahoo: She was very excited. Like me she has almost no off street parking and was planning to pave a portion of her front yard.

I have been waiting for this for a few months.

A much larger pilot will be rolled out for the West Broadway area this summer. And the City will annouce a formal application process for requesting a pilot area. Again I don't know specific dates as they don't give me too much information but is seems that the process has begun.

Funny, just lastnight I was visiting a friend in Washington Park and as I was leaving I stopped to checkout the RPP street signs they have. They are mounted low on the T-poles (about 5 feet) and are easy for the taggers to write on. Hope the ones on my street are a little higher.

Can't wait to get home tonight and check them out!

Archived