222 Glenwood

ericurbanite

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not too much to see... they are putting up the parking deck in the rear next to the RR tracks and adjacent to 518 West. They are placing what appears to be precast concrete segments for the deck, which should mean a quick assembly. It is rediculous how slow this building has been. I think they broke ground in Feb/March 06 and are just now showing signs of getting out of the ground. When I stopped by the sales center last fall, they said they were still on schedule. I guess we'll see.

• 1 month later...

Wow, that parking garage went up in a hurry. Are they planning on opening the parking up before the rest of the building is complete? Guess this is proof positive of why independent parking structures are cheaper and easier than building the parking into the main structure.

Looks like they have some steel coming out of the ground, too. Does that count as "going vertical"?

I may be way off, but I would expect the single wall is built with the expectation that a future building would adjoin it. If windows were included, the owner of 222 would need to fill them in. As I said, I may be talking out of my @ss.

I do like the idea of public art there.

I may be way off, but I would expect the single wall is built with the expectation that a future building would adjoin it. If windows were included, the owner of 222 would need to fill them in. As I said, I may be talking out of my @ss.

I do like the idea of public art there.

Archived