Downcity/Providence Retail

AriPVD

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been to Haven Brothers many times. The food is what you might expect from a street side diner or a little better but the character and history of the place make it worth going to again and again in my book. It's cheap and particularly tasty if you're into the late night scene or just looking for a chili cheese dog during an afternoon walk.

Has anyone been to that mobile "Haven Bros. Diner" thats parked outside City Hall?  I've been wondering if its worth going to (and whats good) or if it should be avoided.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's very expensive and not worth it. I can't see what people see in their hot dogs, which is what they are known for. A small dog, small fries and soda cost $ 8.00. Experience of getting ripped off, priceless.

Newport Creamery has been on shaky financial ground. I read somewhere a while back about them trying out a new family restaurant concept, less Friendly's more Friday's, but I don't know what became of that.

Yeah, I think I read that they're changing their name to Cafe Newport. Expect prices to rise accordingly.

Newport Creamery has been on shaky financial ground. I read somewhere a while back about them trying out a new family restaurant concept, less Friendly's more Friday's, but I don't know what became of that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I think I read that they're changing their name to Cafe Newport. Expect prices to rise accordingly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, they're committed to the "family restaurant" concept, which probably means downcity Providence is out...

- Garris

Yesterday I saw a parade downtown outside city hall around 6:30pm, anyone know what the celebration was?  It was a fairly small group with berets, drums and flags (but I didnt recognize any of them).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haitian Independence Day? Or was that the day before?

Looks like American Apparel on Weybosset is a definite thing.

http://www.americanapparel.net/storelocati...?metroareaid=72

Every thing they sell is made in downtown LA by workers who get a decent salary and benefits. ALso way cool website:

http://www.americanapparel.net/

Neat...I walked into one of the stores they recently opened on Boul. St. Laurent in Montreal a couple weeks back.  Their storefronts are a little aypical, white backgrounds, photos and black helvetica lettering, but they look busy, bright, and I think it'd give a boost to those import clothiers on Matthewson Street as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived