Gay friendly cities

Kick_Me

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is really just not accurate. Deciding to live together has nothing to do with filing taxes - it's about committment and saving money on rent/mortgage. Some ppl just do not want to face the fact that gays are just not very likely to be in comitted relationships, and they use things like this comment as an excuse.

Civil Unions? Gay Marriage? Spousal Unions? Civil Partnerships?

New Hampshire Wrestles with Gay Rights union issue

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) -- A proposal to legalize same-sex unions in New Hampshire could become a plan to allow gay marriage, the bill's sponsor said Friday.

Portsmouth Democratic Rep. James Splaine's bill to allow "spousal unions" for same-sex couples gets its first hearing Monday before the House Judiciary Committee. He said spousal unions, giving gay and lesbian couples the same rights, responsibilities and obligations as married couples, is a compromise - a step above Vermont-style civil unions, but not quite civil marriage.

Gay rights leaders, many of them new state legislators swept into office during a Democratic wave in November, said they will oppose any legislation that stops short of full marriage.

Full Story

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NH_...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

This is really just not accurate. Deciding to live together has nothing to do with filing taxes - it's about committment and saving money on rent/mortgage. Some ppl just do not want to face the fact that gays are just not very likely to be in comitted relationships, and they use things like this comment as an excuse.

Gay couples actually make for better relationships. You don't have all the fighting and mutual denegration of one another. Gay couples also tend to do everything together. You don't have her girls night out and his bowling nights. This myth that gay people can't have commited relationships is rooted in bigotry. The one good thing with AIDS, is it gave us a consequence to our actions. Much like pregnancy does for straight people. I don't see AIDS as a curse, but a blessing. I think it has brought commitment to the forefront, and mariage is the next step in our evolution. It's sad so many gave their lives for it. If Aids truely was a curse brought down from god on us, people would not be living with it for years. I'am in my seventh year (yes, the seven year itch), but it seems to get easier with every passing day. We will overcome!

I don't see there being any real difference between commitment in gay vs. straight relationships. People are people and will act the way they act whether they are gay or straight. I know plenty of straight couples that are miserable cheats and also plenty of gay couples that are miserable cheats. People like that shouldn't be in relationships in the first place. It all depends on the person and their values in life, not their sexual orientation.

I don't know what you're talking about saying that straight couples mutually degenerate eachother. Gay couples can do this as well, especially since they are of the same sex and therefore can get caught up in competition with eachother more easily over looks, etc.

Gay couples actually make for better relationships. You don't have all the fighting and mutual denegration of one another. Gay couples also tend to do everything together. You don't have her girls night out and his bowling nights. This myth that gay people can't have commited relationships is rooted in bigotry. The one good thing with AIDS, is it gave us a consequence to our actions. Much like pregnancy does for straight people. I don't see AIDS as a curse, but a blessing. I think it has brought commitment to the forefront, and mariage is the next step in our evolution. It's sad so many gave their lives for it. If Aids truely was a curse brought down from god on us, people would not be living with it for years. I'am in my seventh year (yes, the seven year itch), but it seems to get easier with every passing day. We will overcome!

It wasn't meant to imply all. The mutual denegration can certainly happen on both sides, but I'm going by my experience. I have seen so many straight couples absolutely go off on each other and say some of the most hatefull things to one another. Gays couples are more likely to do activities together than are straights because men and woman are so different. I have also witnessed wonderful loving hederosexual couples that seem very happy and poor gay relationships. I just believe that if gay couples work on their relationship, it is much easier to attain happiness than with staight couples.

I'm using Aids and child birth to try and represent a consequence for unprotected sex and promescuity. When gay people had sex without any consequence, it led to unhealthy relationships or no relationships at all. Straight people have always had a consequence for such actions. Unfortunately both sides still engage in behavior that is problomatic to their lives.

I have thought about the Aids epidemic for a long time. Many people back then and still today, believe it was a curse brought down by god to eradicate the immoral homosexual. I believe it was more of a warning and a wake up call. It's unfortunate that so many still haven't heeded it.

It wasn't meant to imply all. The mutual denegration can certainly happen on both sides, but I'm going by my experience. I have seen so many straight couples absolutely go off on each other and say some of the most hatefull things to one another. Gays couples are more likely to do activities together than are straights because men and woman are so different. I have also witnessed wonderful loving hederosexual couples that seem very happy and poor gay relationships. I just believe that if gay couples work on their relationship, it is much easier to attain happiness than with staight couples.

• 3 weeks later...

S.C. bans gay marriage; N.H. takes step toward civil unions

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina officially banned gay marriage Thursday as legislative leaders ratified a constitutional amendment approved by voters in November.

New Hampshire, meanwhile, moved in the opposite direction, with a state House panel overwhelmingly endorsing the creation of civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/new...ion-apnewjersey

Archived