COMPLETE: GTECH Center

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks to be at 4, on it's way to 10 or 12, depending on which article you read about the damn thing. Definately taller than the mall, which is good, and we shouldn't have issues of having to look at the roof from the Winter Garden in the mall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh, it should be significantly taller than the mall, then. I'm somewhat surprised, as it didn't look that much taller in the concept drawings...

- Garris

GTECH.jpg

This may help put things in perspective. I eyeballed it a bit but the highlighted section seems to be what is already up. I'd guess it'll end up about two times higher than what's there now which should get us close to 12 floors. I know this is an older rendering and I really have no good reason to make these conclusions but I can't imagine 6 floors will be enough to house all the offices if it ends up a 10 story building as the first four are clearly parking (with restaurants/retail on the ground floor) 8 stories of office seems much more adequate for a company of this size especially given this building's smallish footprint.

8 stories of office seems much more adequate for a company of this size especially given this building's smallish footprint.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I believe they are still planning to rent out part of it, they want to be able to grow into it. Nice job on the rendering! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

i like those trees in the middle of the street. Do they have lights on them during X-mas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, but that would be nice wouldn't it? Maybe the Waterplace owners will take on that task. A number of those trees aren't doing to well, the city really needs an arborist.

Sorry for the delay on these pictures...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm assuming those are from a room. Is there anyplace in the hallways that have a window facing that way, an elevator lobby maybe?

I'm assuming those are from a room. Is there anyplace in the hallways that have a window facing that way, an elevator lobby maybe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's a shame that the hotel wasn't built a little bit close to NOW... then, they would have built retail on the street face the new westin :(

who is sage francis?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes it seems like he's one of the few voices of reason left in this world. I also feel like I have too much respect to even really say anything to describe him because it'll only reflect my perspective on his art. Just don't give him a half-assed listen though or you won't get it.

Oh yeah, Recchia, you just earned fifty cool points. However much that means coming from an anonymous person on the internet is up to you but you got them.

When you drive up that street that divides the G-Tech site and the mall you start to notice how enclosed it is going to feel when it is finished.... not that i'm opposed to that, I think it is gonna be great when its completed.

When you drive up that street that divides the G-Tech site and the mall you start to notice how enclosed it is going to feel when it is finished.... not that i'm opposed to that, I think it is gonna be great when its completed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just noticing the same thing in a very positive way. It's going to feel very vibrant, and very urban.

- Garris

I was just noticing the same thing in a very positive way.  It's going to feel very vibrant, and very urban.

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed that too - just last night, and was thinking what a great URBAN space this is going to make! I was walking from the Mall, through Waterplace to get to Union Station Brewery.

I noticed that too - just last night, and was thinking what a great URBAN space this is going to make!  I was walking from the Mall, through Waterplace to get to Union Station Brewery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, between all the people crossing there, the folks hanging out at the Mall, the people dining in the outdoor areas at the Mall (and soon at G-Tech and Westin), and the people hopefully at and around the Waterplace condos retail sites, that's going to be quite a nice 2-3 blocks.

- Garrs

Also, GTECH is underbuilding it's parking garage (they will have more employees than parking spaces), they will be encouraging employees to use RIPTA. So we should be seeing office workers going through Waterplace from Kennedy Plaza creating more of a human presense in Waterplace Park.

The Legal Seafoods on the water is also going to be a huge draw and bring large numbers of people into the park.

The Legal Seafoods on the water is also going to be a huge draw and bring large numbers of people into the park.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did I miss something? There's going to be a Legal Seafoods at GTECH? :w00t:

I forget who said it, but yes, it seems pretty definate. Of course anything could happen between now and completion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow!! I don't remember hearing that, but Legal Seafood will fit right in and is needed in the area. We've got Steakhouses and pubs all over Capital Center, but you need to hike all the way over to Hemingways to get decent seafood. :D

Wow!!  I don't remember hearing that, but Legal Seafood will fit right in and is needed in the area.  We've got Steakhouses and pubs all over Capital Center, but you need to hike all the way over to Hemingways to get decent seafood.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Poor McCormick and Shmicks...

- Garris

Poor McCormick and Shmicks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard they got a new head chef, but I haven't been back to test him out. It's too bad, because from what I understand they do really well in Boston. And their concept of a revolving menu that is tied to the local catches is a good one. They just can't compete with Hemmingways which has better food, better service, and a better atmosphere. And they will be anhililated by Legals.

There really should not be a seafood restaurant at that location. We are a coastal city, Hemmenways and Legals both have waterviews. The Biltmore location is more like a British pub style location, bangers and mash, not swordfish.

Archived