COMPLETE: GTECH Center

lets say that for whatever reason.. maybe a month or so down the line, that Gtech decides to add a floor or 2... is that in anyways feasible??  For some reason I really think it needs to be taller now :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt it. They would have had to have engineered for more height, and that over engineering would cost money, so they probably didn't. They would also probably have to go before the Design Review Committee again to make a change like that, and we don't want to be opening up that can of worms. I doubt they have any time to think about any changes. They are mandated to have their people working in the new offices by the end of 2006 I believe.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some pictures I took less than a week ago of the GTECH building from the Courtyard by Marriot that I will post when I get on a computer with high speed internet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speaking of high speed internet, Cox is increasing the speed of their cable internet service this Fall. The premier option will increase to 15 megs, the preferred option will go to 5 megs from the current 4. The price will remain the same. I understand that in Japan it's up to 25 megs.

HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA REPORTING IN. WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF GTECH? THINGS SEEM TO HAVE SLOWED DOWN.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're due for some new photos I think. I don't have my camera with me today, maybe tomorrow.

SORRY JUST ANOTHER RAINY DAY IN FLORIDA. GTECH PHOTOS WOULD BE A RAY OF SUNSHINE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it's raining there, just hop a flight up north! It's sunny and hot here, and you can get an up close look at Gtech! B)

i hope you dont mind me asking.. but why are you so interested in gtech's construction site?

p.s. --> everyone check ou the atlanta vs boston vs (2 others cities) thread in the Polls section

.. and help support boston who is quote "the least diverse, especially less than atlanta" -- not an exact quote.

p.s. --> everyone check ou the atlanta vs boston vs (2 others cities) thread in the Polls section

.. and help support boston who is quote "the least diverse, especially less than atlanta"  -- not an exact quote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't waste my time with the blind boosterism that comes from the Atlanta people.

And we need to realize that these little competitions of "whose city is cooler" don't promote any progress. All I know about Atlanta is statistics, their basic infrastructure, and testimonials of residents. This gives me a picture of it but you can't tell me that Boston sounds great to people that have no idea what it's like to be there. You have to be there to get it. Would I say that I like cities in the Northeast better on average? Yeah, but I've also come across some really interesting places in my adventures that I could understand hearing the same sentiment about. Frankly, I think Atlanta has a few kinks it needs to work out before it can honestly compete (in regards to sustainability) with "grandpa" cities but I'm hoping they pull through, not hoping that they don't so Boston or NY can remain cooler. I gotta say though, most (not all) of the south's rappers suck. Sorry, but it's true.

"Down south, definitely got no style,

Down south ain't got no style" -Sage Francis

Cool!  Two stories above the trees already!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks to be at 4, on it's way to 10 or 12, depending on which article you read about the damn thing. Definately taller than the mall, which is good, and we shouldn't have issues of having to look at the roof from the Winter Garden in the mall.

And check out the Pride banners for next weekends festivities.  Wooo hoooo...... <ahttp://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_alc.gif' alt=':alc:'>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried to get a good pic of the pride flag on City Hall, but the wind was blowing too much, and everytime I snapped a pic it fluttered into an unrecognizable blob.

What's this Cotuit?

"Winter Garden in the mall"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The food court area of the mall (with the wall of windows overlooking Waterplace) has been known as the Winter Garden since the mall was in it's design stages.

The food court area of the mall (with the wall of windows overlooking Waterplace) has been known as the Winter Garden since the mall was in it's design stages.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like it's an official name then. ;) Good, I'm not crazy. :wacko:

Archived