The Avenue

monsoon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4?????  I can't wait that much longer for another skyscraper to start!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me either. I say four (4), but in fact, we both know there are more on the horizon. I just like to keep my hopes in check, lest I be disappointed with so many other projects I want to happen. So what is the deal w/ The Park? Any news on the 615 East Morehead project??? I have been really patient on that (615)one. It has the potential to have the best veiw of the skyline. I often go to the site at night to take a couple of snapshots. It is a great view.

^ I meant I can't make it to 4pm today......  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh, my bad....Me either.However, I might get home in time to catch a bit of it on the news. I saw Laura Paulka around the site with her camera crew. (WSOC9) I figured that is what they were in the area for. (to capture it all tape)

615 is on hold by the developer until the downtown scene shakes out. They are a bit apprehensive going forward and competing against 6 (I'm not countin the park) other high-rise project, even though it may be nicer than the rest......that area is still unproven as The Arlington has shown (3 years and it still hasn't sold out). The developer owns the land, so their is no real time constraint.......I personally am rooting against it since it will block the southern-half of my skyline view from my house.......nah, still build it, I'll get over it.

The Park is dying, dying, dead. Contrary to what he or the listing agents claim, he STILL does not have financing for this project and STILL does not have an approved work permit. Someone from City Engineering said it was dead, plus as I mentioned, they have a brand new sign up advertising monthly parking........the ONLY thing that can save this project is patience on Mr. Verna's part. He own's the parking deck, and he is essentially retired, so he can keep plugging away on it until the day he dies, god rest his visionary soul.

Just walked past the site (at 3:30).  There were people milling around under the tent and a pile of dirt ready for shoveling...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish I could be there. I would love to be a part of the birth of our new tower. I think I might shed a tear. :cry: haha... Cigars for everyone !!!!

Hey atlrvr...I just went by on lunch, and they are looking for the cermony to begin at 4. I actually went and spoke with RJGriffin (the contractor). They said that the earth moving equipment is soon to follow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It didn't take them long, they rolled in a big back-hoe about an hour ago. It's great to see another one get under way!!!!

It didn't take them long, they rolled in a big back-hoe about an hour ago. It's great to see another one get under way!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great! Hopefully as Center City becomes more popular and well-accepted as a legitimate place to live, the momentum will continue. I was just in SF this weekend and it is just great that awnings and shop fronts are pretty continuous all over the city. You could eat in a new place every day and seemingly never run out and the market for condominiums and city living seemed robust as anywhere. That and I didn't see a single SFH the entire trip and was all over the place.

This is an email that I received today.

There is news in Uptown Charlotte, and we want you to hear about it. Ground was broken today on Avenue, the city's most exciting new condominium development. Representatives from the city, the business and real estate communities, and local media were on hand as Novare Group, developer of Avenue, and its partners marked this important occasion.

With this start, you will see Avenue rising on the Charlotte skyline, destined to dazzle with its 35 stories of sleek, contemporary design, floor-to-ceiling glass and rich amenities. The Avenue sales center will open in summer 2005, and the building will welcome its first residents in 2007. Details of the sales process are not yet complete, but as someone who has signed up for information updates on the Avenue website, http://www.avenueuptown.com , you will be kept informed of our progress.

Thank you for your interest in Avenue and for sharing our excitement about it. We look forward to telling you more in the weeks to come.

Best regards,

Novare Group

I think its funny that they said 35 stories in this e-mail. This coming from Novare Realty who told me a couple of months ago when I called for an update that "I just saw pictures of the construction project today and it's a few floors out of the ground" <_<

This is awesome news. Who knew, that out of all those annoucements that avenue would be second to start (or did they just luck out from having an empty lot?).

I drove by last night and it will be so great to have it.

One thing that caught my eye in the rendering is the gap between the old storefronts on fifth and the avenue. Does anyone know if there will be a gap back there, or if that is just a different setback?

35/36/38 floors (or whatever it turns out to be)... this will be an amazing addition to charlotte.

This is an email that I received today.

There is news in Uptown Charlotte, and we want you to hear about it. Ground was broken today on Avenue, the city's most exciting new condominium development. Representatives from the city, the business and real estate communities, and local media were on hand as Novare Group, developer of Avenue, and its partners marked this important occasion.

With this start, you will see Avenue rising on the Charlotte skyline, destined to dazzle with its 35 stories of sleek, contemporary design, floor-to-ceiling glass and rich amenities.  The Avenue sales center will open in summer 2005, and the building will welcome its first residents in 2007. Details of the sales process are not yet complete, but as someone who has signed up for information updates on the Avenue website, http://www.avenueuptown.com , you will be kept informed of our progress.

Thank you for your interest in Avenue and for sharing our excitement about it. We look forward to telling you more in the weeks to come.

Best regards,

Novare Group

I think its funny that they said 35 stories in this e-mail.  This coming from Novare Realty who told me a couple of months ago when I called for an update that "I just saw pictures of the construction project today and it's a few floors out of the ground"  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone recall what the price per square foot of these places is supposed to be? I'm wondering how big those 1 BR units for $170,000 are and what floor they'd be on.

dubone.....walking by the site today, it seems that there will be a gap there....this is the drive that has the dumpsters and delieveries for Latorre's restraunt and clubs....however, I suppose that they could access through Avenue's deck, but I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok....a couple things here....most importantly, they started doing real site work today (nothing ceremonial about knocking down those trees and digging up concrete piping)

Also, there was a much better rendering in the print edition of the CBJ, and you can now tell that the parking deck for Avenue will actually join Latorre's, and there will not be a gap like I thought.....there will be an driveway cut through the facade on 5th like on Church, that will presumeably allow for access to Latorre's dumpster, etc.

I'm about the most technologically unadvanced forumer here......but for $1.50 you can purchase your own CBJ......

It's the same view that you have already seen, but it's much larger and sharper, and is digitally produced rather than a artist sketch.

I'm about the most technologically unadvanced forumer here......but for $1.50 you can purchase your own CBJ......

It's the same view that you have already seen, but it's much larger and sharper, and is digitally produced rather than a artist sketch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This pic I believe is sharper than the original hand sketch.The Avenue

Archived