The Avenue

monsoon

The tower crane will actually sit partially in that 1 lane of traffic......I'm surprised that it will be a convential crane, but for the money it save over a luffing crane it makes sense to block that lane as long as the city didn't mind.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tower crane will actually sit partially in that 1 lane of traffic......I'm surprised that it will be a convential crane, but for the money it save over a luffing crane it makes sense to block that lane as long as the city didn't mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks atlrvr ! I was just curious. BTW, Epicenter site is almost cleared for construction to commence. YEAH !!! :)

A2

Again one more update based on the CBJ's Friday edition. The Avenue, now under construction, plans to be ON Schedule for an early 07' completion and remarked that they are not the least bit concerned of the Vue's sales center opening at the same time that their offices will in September. The comment made is that The Center City Charlotte market is much deeper than even the most optomistic of uptown booster had realized. Also the lot right beside the Carrilon was mentioned. It looks as though that will be the home of a future tower. Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors now own the lot, and were qouted asa saying that the lot has serious potential for another residential component to Uptown. WOW !!! I would think things would settle down a bit, but not a chance ! Bring in the cranes baby ! :P

A2

A2 what section is all of this in? I can't find it anywhere in the CBJ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey ilektronik, I think the entire article is on Page 25. I did not bring mine into work today. I think this link might help though.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stori.../08/focus1.html

Here is a copy of the wording refering to the Strength of CLT's condo market I was refering to in the previous post. I think that is what you were asking about. :thumbsup:

"We had no idea the pent-up demand that was there," says Catherine Mitchell, vice president at Boulevard Centro. "

Already, Charlotte's uptown market has shown impressive strength. The rapid pace of sales at Spectrum Properties' office-to-condo conversion at 230 South Tryon surprised even the most bullish on the uptown market, with all 110 units being sold in 10 days.

There is much, much more in the article that just basically points to the Strength in the Uptown Condo Boom. I just wanted to point out a few of the qoutes that refer back to that.

A2

The sales center will be located in one of the vacant buildings in the Cotton Mills complex at 5th and Graham. They are putting up walls today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sweet !!! Thanks for the information hueion39... Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

A2

I cant believe we're still talking about The Park.  This place just refuses to give up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Park reminds me of the knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail who, after having had his arms and legs cut off, says "It's just a flesh wound!!"

You know if those kind of sales numbers could be sustained over just one year ChieffJJ, that would mean a developer could sale roughly 10-11 units a day. If we took the number of units and multiplied that by 365 days in the year that would equal 3500 units sold in ONE year! Now to put that in perspective that would be NINE towers the size of the VUE at 50 stories. Yeah Baby ! I know I am being a bit over the top here, but hell I am bored. :P

A2

True D. I am just bored and wanted to play the numbers game. :D If you went a step into the math a bit further and ask the question, Could this condo sales pace last for Three years ??? That would be 27, 50 story Vue's. Or better yet Fifty-four 25-story residential towers. Talk about density ! One can dream can't he??? :rolleyes:

If that number really happend, it would put the uptown count to

3500 units * 3 years= 10500 units !!!

Giving us an additional 26,500 people within the loop*. Add that to the existing 10,000. We would have. 36500 people.

*(I am assuming a 2.5 resident count per a unit sold for a numerical value to assign to our fantasy equation)

Now if one crunches the digits, we could be looking at a seriously strong residential count. Think of a CLT's metro of nearly 2,000,000 and then multiply that times 2%. That would be 40,000 people, which many experts think Charlotte's downtown could EASILY absorb over the next few years.

Now ask yourself the Question, could we support 3%???? :o

I LIKE THAT !!!

A2

True D. I am just bored and wanted to play the numbers game. :D  If you went a step into the math a bit further and ask the question, Could this condo sales pace last for Three years ??? That would be 27, 50 story Vue's. Or better yet Fifty-four 25-story residential towers. Talk about density ! One can dream can't he???  :rolleyes:

If that number really happend, it would put the uptown count to

3500 units * 3 years= 10500 units !!!

Giving us an additional 26,500 people within the loop*. Add that to the existing 10,000. We would have. 36500 people.

*(I am assuming a 2.5 resident count per a unit sold for a numerical value to assign to our fantasy equation)

Now if one uses crunches the digits, we could be looking at some seriously strong numbers. Think of a CLT's metro of nearly 2,000,000 and then multiply that times 2%. That would be 40,000 people, which many experts think Charlotte's downtown could absorb.

I LIKE THAT !!!

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This guy talks like he's on a nicotine patch.

haha huieon39. I have to admit, I am spazing a bit today w/out my nic, but I am going to finally kick the butt once and for all !!! :D BTW, h39, there is something on the site at Trademark. It looks like a small crane or something. Do you know anything about this, since I know that you walk that route everyday going home from work.

A2

Now if one crunches the digits, we could be looking at a seriously strong residential count. Think of a CLT's metro of nearly 2,000,000 and then multiply that times 2%. That would be 40,000 people, which many experts think Charlotte's downtown could EASILY absorb over the next few years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Back to reality. :P

Just keep in mind, to get the 2M population number, you are talking about 6473 sq miles. Downtown is about 2.1 sq miles.

Will 2% of the people live on just 0.032% of the land?

Archived