The Avenue

monsoon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so how long do you think it'll be before we got 36 stories(without windows), should I just multiply the time of courtside by two? or what? Hopefully the framing will go up pretty fast, I'd love that, wasn't Courtside almost a storie a week, or maybe a little slower.

I betcha we get there a lot quicker than most towers since Novare is like the McDonalds of the condo market. These guys were probably just waiting to get some permits approved before they started anything other than the Foundation.

I bet we see 30+ stories in 9-12 months. Easy. Once you get the first few floor plates up, buildings typically move quite quickly to the sky.

A2

(on a side note Trademark is moving VERY quickly too. They have laid a ton of Rebar and Concrete for the Foundation already. I would imagine a tower crane will be on the site withing the next two weeks.)

Does anyone know how select names for the lottery at the Avenue other than selecting from those that showed up at the showroom? Will it truly be an equal opportunity for everyone or will some bias be thrown in for certain individuals?

Also, this is an awesome thread and has been very informative. Keep up the good work folks.

Does anyone know how select names for the lottery at the Avenue other than selecting from those that showed up at the showroom? Will it truly be an equal opportunity for everyone or will some bias be thrown in for certain individuals?

Also, this is an awesome thread and has been very informative. Keep up the good work folks.

If there is a lottery for real estate, then that means in the long run it is over priced. In the almost 3+ decades I have lived here I've seen people get burned by getting caught in in the zeal of the latest real estate fad (which right now are downtown condos) because when they are no longer a fad, they fall in price. It's a gamble, like playing the tables at Las Vegas, but they don't call it nose bleed pricing for nothing.

There are so many indications on the news now, that the real estate market is topping out. I think the Vue and Trademark will be the high water mark for quite a while. More ambitious, pricer projects could be very hard to justify and we'll see a shift to midrises. (Which is really shouldn't concern people too much -- it's a more "normal" development pattern.)

EpiCenter is still something of a finger-crosser, IMHO.

If there is a lottery for real estate, then that means in the long run it is over priced. In the almost 3+ decades I have lived here I've seen people get burned by getting caught in in the zeal of the latest real estate fad (which right now are downtown condos) because when they are no longer a fad, they fall in price. It's a gamble, like playing the tables at Las Vegas, but they don't call it nose bleed pricing for nothing.

If there is a lottery wouldn't it be 'under-priced'? I don't understand how you would need a lottery for something over priced.

Also if the projections for the growth of uptown population wise hold then these new projects should hold their value.

If there is a lottery wouldn't it be 'under-priced'? I don't understand how you would need a lottery for something over priced.

Also if the projections for the growth of uptown population wise hold then these new projects should hold their value.

Actually you hold an auction when the zeal has gotten so great, that people will sign up no matter what it costs. Plus it is good for stirring up sales as it plays on the old marketing trick "better hurry before they are gone!" It reminds me of some Charlotteans rushing to the store for milk and bread when it snows.

People queueing for a lottery in this town to buy property always think they are getting in on the grownd floor and can sell out later for big profits. That may be true in the very short term, but in the long term it never works. The people who have made money on DT condos in Charlotte were the ones who bought a few years ago when downtown living wasn't considered a trend. But when there are lottery's forget it. You don't make money on real estate when it is at this point.

In regards to population. If the developers predictions comes true about this, that only means they have built enough condos to meet the demand and cause prices to fall back to a reasonable level. This is the primary reason that people lose out when caught up in the feeding frenzy of lottery buying. When they are lining up to buy in the next best thing being built down the street, nobody will be looking at purchasing a resale in the Avenue for the same money.

As I have said earlier, I seen this happen all over town over the years.

That was a very good explanation and while you may be right I still plan on trying to get in. With that said does anyone know when The Avenue will begin calling everyone to set up appointments? Also, do you know when the first appointments will take place? Thanks.

Those questions go beyond the scope of this forum and violate our rules. I suggest that you call the Avenue real estate office. I do however wish you luck.

Those questions go beyond the scope of this forum and violate our rules. I suggest that you call the Avenue real estate office. I do however wish you luck.

Sorry about that I'm still new to this forum and didn't realize that was out of bounds. I've removed it. I do however have another question for you or whomever has thought about this.

What do you think the sustainable market value for uptown property is? At the moment the standard seems to be $300/sq ft, but that number could easily reach $325 or $350 by the end of the year. Do you anticipate the market value of uptown properties to fall below $300 in the future?

Has anyone considered the safety issues involved with the balconies that overlook the pool at the Avenue? I would think most people would be professionals but accidents still occur and occasionally something could fall off the edge of the balcony. In these instances where the balcony overlooks the pool I could see some potential hazards and safety issues. Does anyone else have the safe concern?

Has anyone considered the safety issues involved with the balconies that overlook the pool at the Avenue? I would think most people would be professionals but accidents still occur and occasionally something could fall off the edge of the balcony. In these instances where the balcony overlooks the pool I could see some potential hazards and safety issues. Does anyone else have the safe concern?

I would assume that it would be the same situation with any pool at a resort hotel....but hotel patrons are transient, and would be even less likely to worry about contents ending up in the pool.....we can't bubble-wrap everything.

yeah... and people can be sued if an accident happens.

i am more worried about the high balconies on the even taller buildings like vue and twotentrade. i wonder if there will be rules on what you are allowed to put on your balcony.... what if the wind blows something off.

Archived