IN PROGRESS: The Residences at The Westin

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idiot on the street  :rofl:  I feel like there are way too many of them in Providence.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes indeed...what I call the "RI small mentality" that has hurt Providence. My answer to him - if you do not want to live in a big city, move to a sleepy suburb or rural town.

quote from pbn westin article

" At 360 feet tall, the new tower will rise 70 feet above the existing hotel."

if the existing wesint is 329ft tall (EMPORIS).. how does this add up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The whole thing is strange...300 plus 70=370, 330 + 70=400.

The sources say 360, the website says 380!!!

I believe the existing building is actually 290, add 70 and you get 360.

Thank maude, I thought the Waterford was a stupid name, where did that come from anyway? I think One Emmet Square would be a good name, but Residences at the Westin is better than Waterford.

Thank maude, I thought the Waterford was a stupid name, where did that come from anyway? I think One Emmet Square would be a good name, but Residences at the Westin is better than Waterford.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always wondered if the Waterford Crystal folks would have had something to say about that name...

- Garris

PS: That promo website (like many of the preview websites for our upcoming "luxury" buidings) is nauseatingly elitist... Where do they come up with these things?

PS: That promo website (like many of the preview websites for our upcoming "luxury" buidings) is nauseatingly elitist...  Where do they come up with these things?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: I watched half of the damn intro and then closed the screen, I don't feel like waiting through five minutes of politically correct looking people smiling before I get to the actual website thank you very much.

:rofl:    I watched half of the damn intro and then closed the screen, I don't feel like waiting through five minutes of politically correct looking people smiling before I get to the actual website thank you very much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There really is no website. The Flash intro ends with a pic of the river towards the Westin (without the new tower rendered in :rolleyes: ), then there is just a link to sign up for information, that's it.

Francis Street infront of the Westin has been restriped to move the travel lanes away from the site several feet, and a Jersey Barrier has been placed in the road on the Westin side. Workers were also active placing Jersey Barriers along the West Exchange side this morning.

Francis Street infront of the Westin has been restriped to move the travel lanes away from the site several feet, and a Jersey Barrier has been placed in the road on the Westin side. Workers were also active placing Jersey Barriers along the West Exchange side this morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.projo.com/business/content/proj...7x.30e4cfe.html

A request for anyone who has more time (or interest) than I do: tally up the number of parking spots in surface lots in the Downcity/Capital Center area (or just Downcity). I'd be curious to see how many parking spots (I'd presume it's a pathetically small number) are holding back all sorts of development. If we could see that on a map, that'd be great as well. Thanks!

A request for anyone who has more time (or interest) than I do:  tally up the number of parking spots in surface lots in the Downcity/Capital Center area (or just Downcity).  I'd be curious to see how many parking spots (I'd presume it's a pathetically small number) are holding back all sorts of development.  If we could see that on a map, that'd be great as well.  Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seriously doubt it's a pathetically small number. From the mayor's office:

A request for anyone who has more time (or interest) than I do:  tally up the number of parking spots in surface lots in the Downcity/Capital Center area (or just Downcity).  I'd be curious to see how many parking spots (I'd presume it's a pathetically small number) are holding back all sorts of development.  If we could see that on a map, that'd be great as well.  Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.providenceri.com/transportation/parkingmap.html

Archived