IN PROGRESS: The Residences at The Westin

Todays projo reports that the Capital Center Commission's Design Review Committee will hold a public hearing on the building's design on July 12th. If the committee aproves the design another public hearing will be held on the 14th. If the Capital Center Commission aproves the project Procaccianti will only have to obtain a building permit from the city. I can't ever remember a major project moving this fast anywhere in this city or state.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todays projo reports that the Capital Center Commission's Design Review Committee will hold a public hearing on the building's design on July 12th. If the committee aproves the design another public hearing will be held on the 14th. If the Capital Center Commission aproves the project Procaccianti will only have to obtain a building permit from the city. I can't ever remember a major project moving this fast anywhere in this city or state.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ground breaking has been set for Sept 08th.

whats up with that article... it first says the tower will be 29 stories.. then 31??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a definate 31 floors. The more concerning conflict is the article says 360 feet; the Procaccianti Group website (featured project) says it will be 380 feet!

I am checking with my contact...I hope the website is correct.

I like it although I had seen an aerlier rendering I liked just a little more...

http://www.artinruins.com/arch/construct/westin/01.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to jump back a few posts- but it's funny that you mentioned that rendering. The guy who did that used to work with me, he left here a few months ago. He also designed the Dept. of Administration and the Fleet Skating Center, to name a few. I saw his rendering on Artinruins, and noticed that there was no mention of him. My company did some conceptual designs for the Westin tower, including a computer model and that rendering. We aren't doing the design though, I guess the Hilton is enough for now.

Sorry to jump back a few posts- but it's funny that you mentioned that rendering. The guy who did that used to work with me, he left here a few months ago. He also designed the Dept. of Administration and the Fleet Skating Center, to name a few. I saw his rendering on Artinruins, and noticed that there was no mention of him. My company did some conceptual designs for the Westin tower, including a computer model and that rendering. We aren't doing the design though, I guess the Hilton is enough for now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give us some kind of update on the Hilton project?

Sorry to jump back a few posts- but it's funny that you mentioned that rendering. The guy who did that used to work with me, he left here a few months ago. He also designed the Dept. of Administration and the Fleet Skating Center, to name a few. I saw his rendering on Artinruins, and noticed that there was no mention of him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that bil at RI+URBlog got that rendering through David Brussat. I got it from bil, and I'm not sure if ArtInRuins got it here, or from bil, or elsewhere. Suffice to say, none of us knew who actually drew it, only that it was for The Procaccianti Group.

- Oh, also pdxstreetcar, a member here, had a picture of it he took off the TV when Channel 10 reported on it. :)

Got it strainght from the source...the  new Providence Westin tower will be 31 floors and 360 feet.

That is it..but that still will add greatly to the skyline and the urban feel of the Capital Center and Waterplace Park.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even though it sits in a bit of a depression, you're right, it will add greatly to the skyline. With the current Westin Tower at 329ft. you can imagine how the second tower will have an impact.

I think the view from Prospect Park is going to be very dynamic, because of the way the second tower is offset from the first, you'll be able to see them next to each other. Add to that OneTen and the Waterplace towers, and the view from the hill is going to be pretty sharp. We'll also have the Hilton addition at only 300 some odd feet, but sitting up on a hill.

will the hilton, placed atop this lovely hill, appear to be taller than the westin?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course we do not have exact renderings but I believe the plan is a 27-29 floor (300-330') building that sits approx 50' higher than the financial district...so it will be close. The big thing there will be the view from Route 95 will be powerful. As they say in real estate- location, location, location.

I like the wall around the project.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But we won't be able to see nothin' :(

But I do agree, the masses would prefer it that way. And the large rendering will be nice, I don't understand why Waterplace and GTECH don't have renderings on site.

Good Quote (from a lady on the CapCenter Commission: "We are becoming a real city"

Bad Quote (from an idiot on the street) : "Nobody likes more traffic and congestion"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know.. i really liked the older blonde woman.. you would think she is the stuffy type who wants no development, but she was very .. um.. in the NOW, and all for it.

Archived