IN PROGRESS: The Residences at The Westin

I was thinking what retail would do really well in that new retail spot seen in the Westin Tower render and what I came up with is panera bread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could be wrong here, but if I remember correctly, the same company owns Au Bon Pain and Panera. They see Panera, with its more cafeteria style/full menu as being their "suburban" chain, and ABP, with its more "coffee and muffins on the go" as being their "urban" chain.

I think ABP would work there too, but the sandwich chain I'd really like to see there is the excellent, although slightly overpriced, Cosi sandwich chain (www.getcosi.com). I used to love them in Manhattan.

- Garris

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, there's a Cosi' in New Haven. They're great, especially the S'mores. Another good place that I think would do very well with a young downtown crowd is Tasti D-Lite, a shop that sells both gelato and this "ice cream" that has about 10 calories per ounce and is generally very good. People from all over the Yale campus dig this place, I could see people flocking to a Providence location.

We have a Tasti in Ithaca. Everyone loves it. Definitely a metro New York thing though (Despite its distance, Ithaca is pretty much an extension of metro NY). I could also see a Coldstone downtown despite its presence on Thayer.

They've committed to a location on the second floor.  I don't have any idea when they're going to announce the opening.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are we sure? Definitely the mall? That's a shame - it would be so much cooler if they were on Westminster (Providence's "SoHo")!!

And by the way, Ari, I found this...

"3-25-2005

That nice space vacated by Eddie Bauer at the Providence Place (RI) mall will be occupied by an Ann Taylor store--not Apple. Ouch!" from ifoapplestore.com

Actually Sony is going there no Anne Taylor according to a sign in the mall.

Ann Taylor Loft is already open in the space next to the Sony Store.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup. My girlfriend loves Ann Taylor Loft and says this is a very good one (what makes one good and one bad, don't ask me.. :) ).

- Garis

The design review committee will have a hearing on this project ( by the way it's parcel 11 ) on Tuesday, June 14th @ 8:00am @ 30 Exchange Terr. The Capital Center Commission will hold a hearing on this project Thur June 16th @ 12:15pm at the above location.

The design review committee will have a hearing on this project ( by the way it's parcel 11 ) on Tuesday, June 14th @ 8:00am @ 30 Exchange Terr. The Capital Center Commission will hold a hearing on this project Thur June 16th @ 12:15pm at the above location.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats when the new rendering should show up - the Proccacianti Group web site has it now described as 380' in height

Archived