Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Off topic, but who owns this plot and why isn't something high density being built on it?

Screenshot_20230802-223708~2.png

555 N Monroe belongs to the city. Right now it’s used as an event venue and skate park. It will probably be a park in the future, at least that is what they had initially planned with the rapids project…

https://downtowngr.org/our-work/projects/555-monroe

IMG_5040.thumb.jpeg.bb2253c65ed747b8ce6a163eba8d1f7a.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 10:39 AM, Cookin_peacocks said:

Also, new signage going in at the old Grid70 building. The second one they are installing is "Acrisure"

PXL_20230629_143753469.jpg

And here's the reason. Acrisure has ALREADY outgrown its newly built HQ for 800 people. They moved into this location and are looking at building a bigger building than the 800-person HQ because of rapid growth.  There's no guarantee the new building they hope to construct is like the one in the rendering here (https://www.crainsgrandrapids.com/news/real-estate/acrisure-plans-230-new-hires-need-for-second-downtown-gr-building-still-unclear/) but that would be great to fill an empty lot with something like that. I would imagine that's the lot they'll continue to work on because it's next door to HQ. Otherwise, I could see maybe across Oakes St., behind Van Andel as a key empty lot that could turn into a large building. 

https://www.crainsgrandrapids.com/news/real-estate/acrisure-fills-more-downtown-office-space-as-company-outgrows-new-headquarters/

• Like 1

It’ll be interesting. Sounds like it’s a sooner than later situation. My bet is they’ll be an anchor inthe Fulton/Market  development. Not only will they have a giant acrisure logo on the amphitheater, it would be pretty impressive to have couple of conference rooms that look down on the company logo  😀

in the article, they talk about the need for 2-3 times the space of their current HQ. That could be a good anchor tenant for a much larger building (with flexibility for growth). 

I also like the proposed building next door. One little nitpick with the article. Why didn’t the reporter flat out ask about that location? From the way it’s written, it seems like she’s speculating that there are no new details. As opposed to asking and getting a non-commital answer. Maybe she did, and it’s just worded oddly. 

Joe

4 hours ago, Khorasaurus1 said:

The impact on the skyline from the south is dramatic, but honestly it's a little underwhelming from the north. It blends in with the 12 story muddle.

From the west it looks really disconnected from the rest of the skyline, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Near the corner of State and Jefferson it REALLY is spectacular with the sun to the east.

With zero competition, it really owns the view down there.

6 hours ago, Zads said:

And here's the reason. Acrisure has ALREADY outgrown its newly built HQ for 800 people. They moved into this location and are looking at building a bigger building than the 800-person HQ because of rapid growth.  There's no guarantee the new building they hope to construct is like the one in the rendering here (https://www.crainsgrandrapids.com/news/real-estate/acrisure-plans-230-new-hires-need-for-second-downtown-gr-building-still-unclear/) but that would be great to fill an empty lot with something like that. I would imagine that's the lot they'll continue to work on because it's next door to HQ. Otherwise, I could see maybe across Oakes St., behind Van Andel as a key empty lot that could turn into a large building. 

https://www.crainsgrandrapids.com/news/real-estate/acrisure-fills-more-downtown-office-space-as-company-outgrows-new-headquarters/

As far as I know, the building plan next door is no more. I've HEARD they are planning something elsewhere. Likely Market/Fulton

• Like 2