Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

I came across a number of nice photos on Trans4mation.org of the I-4/408 interchange construction that have not been posted on here so while some are kinda old, I figure it's better late than never.

2628650860_ec2f767316_b.jpg

March 21, 2008

2379853647_833649e95d_b.jpg

March 2008

2383344306_902c2e3d9f_b.jpg

April 2008

2473732762_3d7b99f037_b.jpg

June 2008

2628651042_b29f7212be_b.jpg

June 2008

2627833873_2743f6ac2a_b.jpg

July 21, 2008

2717534302_39a4a67af9_b.jpg

July 21, 2008

2716720685_9dbd862ea3_b.jpg

This rendering of the finished product hasn't been posted in a while:

2385675380_66e5cc14f7_o.jpg

^^^ I am still having a hard time visualizing I-4 WB goint to the 408 EB in the last Photo.............maybe I'm jsut missing it! Any Help???

It looks like it would come off the Anderson exit ramp and go above Anderson St and the 408, then under the 408W to I4W exit ramp and connect to the I4E to 408E Exit Ramp

Well, the I-4 off ramp to South Street and Garland wasn't open today. According to Bic's post from Trans4mation, it could be Wednesday. I will probably head towards Millenia for something completely unnecessary just to have a reason to drive the new ramp.

I can't wait 'till that opens.

I did the new ramp on Monday.

the right-most lane is 408 only. the one to the left is for South St. it works fine, b/c the backed up traffic for 408 is still to the right.

the ramp is 2 lanes wide. it hugs the tracks as you go to South St. it puts you under the 408, Anderson St., Anderson to I-4, and 408 to I-4 ramps one after the other, and creates a gateway into DT that is very bi-cityish. I was very impressed. all you see is bridges as you enter. then all of the sudden- pow, the Suntrust cluster. If they build the Hilton, that will be the first thing you see when you hit the light at South.

Does anyone know how to get to downtown from I-4 heading east? Seems that exit 82C (exit left to south street) is now discontinued.

Also, i gotta rant about the free lymmo bus. I use it alot to go from central to the TD Waterhouse for tennis. The bus will stop for a long time even when there are no traffic , and on top of that, when the light is green on the car lane, the bus still wait awhile before it can proceed. Oh, and the passengers smells too......

Does anyone know how to get to downtown from I-4 heading east? Seems that exit 82C (exit left to south street) is now discontinued.

Also, i gotta rant about the free lymmo bus. I use it alot to go from central to the TD Waterhouse for tennis. The bus will stop for a long time even when there are no traffic , and on top of that, when the light is green on the car lane, the bus still wait awhile before it can proceed. Oh, and the passengers smells too......

The bus lane has its own light, so every intersection where the Lymmo runs has essentially 3 light patterns instead of the normal 2. If you look up at the light, the go signal is when the white line is vertical. The caution (yellow) is when it is diagonal and the stop is a horizontal line. It has nothing to do with whether there are cars. As someone on here stated awhile back, the auto traffic should be dependent or secondary to the bus line and not the other way around (the way it is now).

Now, the passengers that smell are another story. That's the homeless that ride the bus to have something to do besides sit at the same bus station all day.

This is really off base here, but we need to organize a Homeless Olympics in Orlando. My girlfriend came up with the idea...

100 meter Shopping Cart would be a crowd favorite.

4 x 100 meter Shopping Cart

My suggestion is Find the Chicken Bone in the Garbage Can

Info on new exit:

http://www.trans4mation.org/?id=286

thanks for the info. I agree with making the auto lane secondary to the busline. I sometime feel i can walk faster than taking the bus.

Maybe the Food Not Bombs folks can host the homeless olympics. Instead of medals 3rd place will be food, 2nd place is booze, and 1st place is cigarettes.

The bus lane has its own light, so every intersection where the Lymmo runs has essentially 3 light patterns instead of the normal 2. If you look up at the light, the go signal is when the white line is vertical. The caution (yellow) is when it is diagonal and the stop is a horizontal line. It has nothing to do with whether there are cars. As someone on here stated awhile back, the auto traffic should be dependent or secondary to the bus line and not the other way around (the way it is now).

Now, the passengers that smell are another story. That's the homeless that ride the bus to have something to do besides sit at the same bus station all day.

This is really off base here, but we need to organize a Homeless Olympics in Orlando. My girlfriend came up with the idea...

100 meter Shopping Cart would be a crowd favorite.

4 x 100 meter Shopping Cart

My suggestion is Find the Chicken Bone in the Garbage Can

Synchronized panhandling... Set two bums up on each side of the street...

Points deducted for throwing up.

Well, when they stop breaking and entering my office building almost every night and leave a mess, I'll start respecting them. When I ask them to leave, I am the one that is usually badgered by them as they leave. Call me tasteless while you're at it. Thanks. When someone smears feces all over your bathroom stall walls, see if you have respect for those people. That's tasteless.

As for a solution, do you go out and help them on any level? I doubt it. You say, "let's try to provide solutions." What are you doing? Is it something for you to talk over dinner? Action speaks louder than words. Will you give up a room in your home to help just one life??? Again, I doubt it.

Everyone's a philospher on this board.

Can't wait for my warning. Whatever.

Edited by bulldogger

Washington Post advocates raising gas tax:

Recent experience with higher gasoline prices and lower oil consumption confirms something we have long maintained: A serious national energy policy would include a higher federal per-gallon tax on gasoline. Just a 19-cent increase in the tax, which is currently 18.4 cents a gallon, would lock in the incentives to conserve that have been lost during the past month's price decline.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8090303164.html