Renaissance Park Projects & Developments

Spartan

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, westsider28 said:

Here are a few aerial photos from Hub City Bee's Facebook page of The Charles Apartments and Silverhill homes.  Final apartment building still to come, and it looks like a 4th home is about to go up in Silverhill (foundation visible).

422761724_RenParkJune2021aerial1.thumb.jpg.00e42af18e60be6d8b44bb88387ea043.jpg

1044390927_RenParkJune2021aerial4.thumb.jpg.4e01f28b273b1a8e982f0f47ee42b7dc.jpg

Great aerials!  A couple of questions:  (1) What will go into the depressed area in the middle of the apartment building?   (2) What is the purpose of the building with the red roof?

4 hours ago, roads-scholar said:

Great aerials!  A couple of questions:  (1) What will go into the depressed area in the middle of the apartment building?   (2) What is the purpose of the building with the red roof?

The big hole/pit with water?  It's a pre-existing detention pond for stormwater from most of downtown.  Like 4-5 giant stormwater pipes lead there.  That's what made developing this site so difficult, and partially dictated the site plan.

The red-roof building is the community building for the apartments.  Likely a fitness center, kitchen, movie room, stuff like that.

Edited by westsider28
  • Like 1

Found this new "final" rendering for The Charles Apartments on the developer's website.  As I said in-person to the development team at the DRB meeting where this project was approved several years ago, the all-white is a bit oppressive/monotonous (and will likely get dirty/grungy quickly).  But it otherwise looks solid, and it can always be repainted in the future.

819114740_TheCharlesfinalrendering-hires.thumb.jpg.87b91dc2561c4b22db7a21710487a4a8.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hub-city said:

Yeah, not a real fan of all the white either.  At least it something on a very difficult site.  In looking at that rendering, I see a pool but haven’t seen any construction there yet.   Is it still in the plans?

The pool is the grey rectangular area circled below.  The white pad next to it is for the small (restroom?) building in the rendering.

1944752108_RenParkJune2021aerialpool.thumb.jpg.1e7d4aa3bad6e10426f3a0906cf75427.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update primarily on The Charles and Silverhill.  The first building at The Charles should be renting in December, with the entire complex complete in March 2022.

Two of the four 3-story townhomes under construction are under contract (~$350k).  The single family homes (semi-custom) will continue to be built as there are buyers over the next 18-24 months (starting at $430k).

Some pics from last weekend:

IMG_20211002_175008984.thumb.jpg.56fcb975e205830baf6cacbeb5cbe87b.jpg

IMG_20211002_175642028.thumb.jpg.c840943af60d3e92615703873ff44e17.jpg

IMG_20211002_180001024.thumb.jpg.36ff5baa2ed830f742cd4f0eda0ea858.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I drove by when I was in town for Thanksgiving. These photos are great, but you really have to see it in person to understand what's going on. It's a lot of work, and new people are already living downtown. Very exciting. Maybe someday there will be a downtown grocery store that can survive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s exciting to see how all of this is turning out.  However, it’s made me wonder, what is going to happen in the area between the apartments and N Dean Street? Have there been any proposed projects for that lately? If I remember correctly, that was going to be developed into a wet area initially; if so, I imagine there must be some big topological barrier to overcome. Still, it’d be awesome to see some development happen.  Maybe finally a downtown grocery store? I imagine the new homes/apartments would make it a more viable possibility. 

As an aside, I wonder if any of you know of any activity planned for the park area between Vic Bailey and Cribbs catering.  Seems like a great spot for further residential construction to take place as I have never seen that area used anytime I drive to the area. 

• Like 1