The Good News Report

atlrvr

https://twitter.com/cltdevelopment/status/1144208456934731776?s=21

Whatever the news is, I hope they do it right, for less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's been a lot of Tepper talk lately.  Development around the stadium, MLS by end of year, a lot of different rumblings.  Exoskeleton dome/partial cover over BOA stadium?

Doesn't fit the Home Improvement GIF and prob isnt this, but a lot of Tepper talk nonetheless lol.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

There's been a lot of Tepper talk lately.  Development around the stadium, MLS by end of year, a lot of different rumblings.  Exoskeleton dome/partial cover over BOA stadium?

Doesn't fit the Home Improvement GIF and prob isnt this, but a lot of Tepper talk nonetheless lol.

I doubt it has anything to do with development around the stadium...only because I would think eventually we get a new football stadium....who knows where that will end up??

1 minute ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

I doubt it has anything to do with development around the stadium...only because I would think eventually we get a new football stadium....who knows where that will end up??

I think MLS will announce in August. 

there are so many clues in the last 2 hours about what company is involved a blind man could see it.  (and no offense to my cousin who is blind or anyone visually impaired) 

and has nothing to do with doughnuts and you can take that to the bank (and it does not involved one of those either) 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

there are so many clues in the last 2 hours about what company is involved a blind man could see it.  (and no offense to my cousin who is blind or anyone visually impaired) 

and has nothing to do with doughnuts and you can take that to the bank (and it does not involved one of those either) 

I just hope it involves a new tower...lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Force Sleeps said:

Based on?

From a great Sports Illustrated piece that dropped yesterday:

“David is a highly-engaged and committed owner in the NFL, and he is excited about soccer,” Glick told SI.com. “He’s convinced and sees that MLS is not only needed here, but the market is ready for it and it’ll be highly successful.”

“So pencil in Charlotte for a visit to NYC in mid-July. Garber said there was “no timetable set” for team 30, and there likely will be owners who believe it’s in the league’s interest to stand pat and let a bidding war develop. But Charlotte’s upcoming meeting suggests Tepper is eager to move quicker. With a stadium already in place, he theoretically could have a team on the field by 2021, Glick confirmed. Either way, Tepper’s apparent determination adds an intriguing wrinkle to the expansion race. If Sacramento or St. Louis falter or delay, Charlotte is there. Meanwhile, other 30th-team hopefuls like Las Vegas or Phoenix now have catching-up to do.”

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/06/26/mls-expansion-charlotte-panthers-david-tepper-st-louis-sacramento

• Like 4