Venue Tower at the BOB - 20 Monroe Live - House of Blues/Live Nation Venue

Sailor

• 1 month later...

The BOB is having a contest to name their new outdoor marketplace.

http://www.thebob.com/home.html

The catch is, you have to sign up for their mailing list, GregsList, to get an entry form.

Winner gets dinner for 4 for a year (once a month?) and one week's accomodations at an inn in Colorado.

The BOB is having a contest to name their new outdoor marketplace.

http://www.thebob.com/home.html

The catch is, you have to sign up for their mailing list, GregsList, to get an entry form.

Winner gets dinner for 4 for a year (once a month?) and one week's accomodations at an inn in Colorado.

Wow. The entries they have so far are a certain kind of sucky.

Bobville

D20

B.O.B. Square

Bobtail

R.O.B. (Really Outstanding Building)

Bobbapalooza

The Gathering

Fusion

The Mall

Giddyup

Bobtown

The Happening

The Venue

The Emporium

Bricktown

B2

I have just won the name contest hands down :yahoo: I don't feel free to say the name at the moment, but I know I won. Kicks any of their top names in the butt while adding a contemporary feel + historical reference to the area + meaning to the building. It's now only a matter of time before they select my name.

I have just won the name contest hands down :yahoo: I don't feel free to say the name at the moment, but I know I won. Kicks any of their top names in the butt while adding a contemporary feel + historical reference to the area + meaning to the building. It's now only a matter of time before they select my name.

if you have already posted it to their website you can say it here... the said the first to email it would win, so you can tell us now pls :)

if you have already posted it to their website you can say it here... the said the first to email it would win, so you can tell us now pls :)
The name seems like my baby, I have given birth to it, and I can't help but feel overly protective to it. It may be a bad name, I accept that. I've come up with a couple of other names as well. Here It goes. They have all been submitted. My name suggestions are:

1: The Valve

2: The Core

3: The Pulse

I May have hyped my names, but I wanted to show how this building will be where the pulse of the community is in the Heartside District. The Theme is the Heart, and how the building is in the center of all the action.

Edited by crinzema

The name seems like my baby, I have given birth to it, and I can't help but feel overly protective to it. It may be bad name, I accept that. I've come up with a couple of other names as well. Here It goes. They have all been submitted. My name suggestions are:

I May have hyped my names, but I wanted to show how this building will be where the pulse of the community is in the Heartside District. The Theme is the Heart, and how the building is in the center of all the action.

i like the core..

I submitted a few as well,

Live! at the BOB

The Addition

The Gilmore

The name seems like my baby, I have given birth to it, and I can't help but feel overly protective to it. It may be bad name, I accept that. I've come up with a couple of other names as well. Here It goes. They have all been submitted. My name suggestions are:

The BOB is not in the Heartside District.

I think it helps to think a little about what it is and what its function is. Kind of like what you would learn if you paid a company to create the name instead of asking the public to come up with it.

The BOB is not in the Heartside District.

I think it helps to think a little about what it is and what its function is. Kind of like what you would learn if you paid a company to create the name instead of asking the public to come up with it.

Isn't Fulton the dividing line between the City Center and the Heartside? It becomes a technicality when it's that close. Heartside inspired?

Edited by crinzema

The Core or The Pulse sound like names for Nightclubs, and would be cool for such venues... I have personally thought "the Core" would be a good name for a club in the past. No personal offense indented, but as was previously mentioned, I think really considering the function of the venue here really makes a difference. "The addition" sounds good to me... I think the place needs to be named in the same vein as other venues of its type, like the sixteenth street mall in Denver, or the Sony Centre in Berlin. My point is that it is a venue that encompasses a lot of different functions, and it is a spot that will be a draw for people all over the area and beyond. We can't have a name that suggests a very specific function. That's why I personally think addition works well, (it doesnt seem too tied to any specifc idea, yet it has a certain cache,) which is liked in a way to the BOB and also why _____ Mall or _____Centre work well....

Edited by sonic

The Core or The Pulse sound like names for Nightclubs, and would be cool for such venues... I have personally thought "the Core" would be a good name for a club in the past. No personal offense indented, but as was previously mentioned, I think really considering the function of the venue here really makes a difference. "The addition" sounds good to me... I think the place needs to be named in the same vein as other venues of its type, like the sixteenth street mall in Denver, or the Sony Centre in Berlin. My point is that it is a venue that encompasses a lot of different functions, and it is a spot that will be a draw for people all over the area and beyond. We can't have a name that suggests a very specific function. That's why I personally think addition works well, (it doesnt seem too tied to any specifc idea, yet it has a certain cache,) which is liked in a way to the BOB and also why _____ Mall or _____Centre work well....

Maybe they could call it the Monroe Mall! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: They could resurrect the Herkimer (???) train hiding in the public museum storage depot.

How about The Addendum? Narthex? (maybe too church related)

If they keep the current design, with all the awnings that resemble sails, I would suggest something nautical:

The Clipper

The Caravel

The Beacon

The Waypoint

Or, since this is a marketplace, how about a name that evokes the mercantilism of the Age of Sail, such as The Trade Winds.

I like the name "The Addition", but it's more than that though, it's bigger. The Big Old Building only refers to the size and age of the building. I think the name that refers, in someway, back to the B.O.B trumps that which refers to the function of the building. Just my opinion though. My new favorite is "The Addition"

Edited by crinzema