San Francisco Photo of the NIGHT

Charles Pearson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A beautiful and very modern building that seems perfectly balanced with the rock base that calms down the buildings moderninity from being "too" modern and blends in well together. Also I like the landscape arthitecture that blends in greenery with the building, but not to the point that the greenery overtakes the building and thus takes the focus away from the building.

Good work Zach. Nothing like seeing a building lit up at night. :)

...and your review is Right-On! Thanks...Yes, they have done excellent work incorporating the buildings and surrounding nature and new nature at UCSF Mission Bay Biotech hub. I am amazed how that whole shabby "used-to-industrial area" has been transformed into something outstanding. If only the housing architecture could match the Research Centers (not all is so bad though)...but all of the Third Street area and heading South towards Bayview/Hunter's Point & Candlestick Park looks like a whole new vibrant City along with the relatively new (4 years old) T-Third Metro Line.

The Mission Bay housing looks mysterious with the fog from San Francisco Bay. ( I know that could not be smog or we might be talking L.A.) Except for the chain-link fence, this would make a beautiful dawn picture. I see that most of the mid rise towers are of the New International design. Cubes or cubicles that define their urban setting. I am not sure about the structure in back of these mid rise towers, but it makes me think of the Hyatt Regency at Embarcadero Center. The architect that designed the Hyatt and four of the towers is from Atlanta, and the towers that are 45-stories remind me (in a way) of Rockefeller Center in New York City. I still love New International, but with an added modern twist to give it some type of roof without being a flat-top. The towers in Northshore will be similar to the signature Rockefeller Center tower that is 70-stories, scaled down though, or maybe I will give the towers the height that they beacon for Charles. Very good work as always my friend. :thumbsup:

The structure in back of mid rise towers at Mission Bay is the Intercontinental Hotel San Francisco. Yes, its hideous as sin (if sin can be called hideous...but I am suddenly adjectively-blank after writing all morning ).

The Hyatt Regency Embarcadero still looks like the 1970s with an attractive, clean design (I love riding the elevators!) and always reminds me of Mel Brooks vertigo-Regency in "High Anxiety".

30Rock is my favorite of all skyscrapers. I finally got to the observation deck at 30Rock last April...though, I hate touristy situations and the long lines that come with so many tourists packed like sardines to wait in a long hall as we were that day I chose to go to 30Rock. But 30Rock and all of Rockefeller Center structures are magnificent in height and style--attractive slender buildings that are not fat and stout-looking. I spent the part of one morning and all afternoon at Rockefeller Center, didn't skate though and ate a delicious black bean soup...and had a yummy slice of cheese cake.

You made me laugh about the chain-link fence. I thought about it (that tacky fence) too and decided what the heck...why not twist it?

IMG_3870rockellercentersmall.jpg

IMG_3864CafeRock.jpg

Oh, I just love seeing this city bursting with nightlife. I also noticed those beautiful decorative street lamps that sort of gives you the feeling of being in London rather than San Francisco.

All the bars look really hip, and so does that wine, since San Francisco is just below wine country, I would imagine the wine is excellent. The mixed drinks look good to, so CHEERS!! :alc: Also where retail has died in most of America's central cities, San Francisco is booming, and I really love that. Federated closed our last large department store in Downtown Atlanta in 2003, which was built by R.H. Macy & Co. in 1924. What a shame. Now all we have is an underground mall in Peachtree Center designed by the same architect that designed the Embarcadero Center.

Archived