Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

On 6/25/2023 at 8:06 AM, KJHburg said:

downtown Kannapolis and for a game at Atrium Health Ballpark and the Cannonballers.  7 story mixed use building by the outfield topped off 5 levels of apartments 2 floors of retail and office.  There will be a restaurant there called the Towel City Tavern.   All the retail space seems leased in the Vida apartment buildings to a wine shop, a restaurant with golf simulators, and a nail spa.  The Social district seems to be really boosting sales and visitations as I saw a pop up bar that was selling drinks in the lobby of the Suwanee theater on the weekends only and another restaurant had  a drinks window where you can order any kind of drink.  This rebuilt reimagined downtown achieving all its goals and just getting better.  Another apartment building underway across from the Amtrak station with 92 units.   Downtown Kannapolis is booming and beaming with people now check it out if you have not lately. 

20230624_203945.jpg

I love that they leave the stadium open during the day for people to just hang out in, and that's a really great playground there too. Wish the downtown area had better restaurants, I feel like it's really only missing that part.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I love that they leave the stadium open during the day for people to just hang out in, and that's a really great playground there too. Wish the downtown area had better restaurants, I feel like it's really only missing that part.

2 new restaurants are coming to downtown one the towel city tavern and another called the Kannapolis city club

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rancenc said:

The proposed "Lagoon" project for Huntersville looks to be set for a revision by the developer.....stay tune!!

https://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2023/07/04/developer-announces-changes-to-proposed-crystal-lagoon-in-huntersville/

He has halved the project and eliminated the hotel and convention center which I always thought was a weird option for this type of community of high end homes. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 5:14 PM, KJHburg said:

He has halved the project and eliminated the hotel and convention center which I always thought was a weird option for this type of community of high end homes. 

Huntersville and the Lake Norman submarket needs more hotel and conference center options at this point. It's borderline ignorant af to be so anti-development. The Dodo birds called the Huntersville Town Council are always whining about wanting more business & economic development to stay within Huntersville town limits. In their very own  words, I've heard several times from them but especially from Melinda Bales. 

At this point Huntersville is like a ghost town east of Statesville Road/SR 115 when it comes to development density & a disaster waiting to happen west of I-77. Huntersville is lopsided to the west at that. This initial development concept would have given the additional mixed used development opportunities for the development patterns beyond residential exclusively to shift more eastward within Huntersville town limits.

I deal with a good bit of regional  forecasting & modeling through the Metrolina Regional Travel Demand Model often.  Their constant kowtowing to delusional NIMBYs in Huntersville is going to bite a chunk of their a**es soon.  

Edited by kayman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...