San Francisco Photo of the Day

Charles Pearson

IMG_0271-1.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Where did you find these? These pictures are so colorful. It almost reminds me of childrens' toys. What a nice refreshing change from the usual architectural photographs at Urban Planet. I like that you show other parts of the city that not many people would notice. I almost suspect you're a painter at heart.

Zahc,

I'd hate to do this if it's out of your way, but would you mind taking some photos of the architecture along Broadway St. near The Presidio? I remember the great estates that lined the streets. Plus, you can evoke emotion better than anyone through a camera lens.

Zahc,

I'd hate to do this if it's out of your way, but would you mind taking some photos of the architecture along Broadway St. near The Presidio? I remember the great estates that lined the streets. Plus, you can evoke emotion better than anyone through a camera lens.

What a nice comment. How did you figure I was headed out that way tomorrow? Though, it was to meet a friend and see the butterflies and all the colorful fish at the new renovated California Academy of Sciences in the Golden Gate Park... and maybe a picnic later on the lawn. If I am not too worn out, I'd keep heading west, which seems to be story of my life...go west! :)

Edited by Zahc

end of a heatwave,

the mission/bernal heights/noe valley

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

All these photographs look very moody, almost apocalyptic. There are days like this in San Francisco, when one feels the fog will never lift... and then, in the next hour, or even minute, the weather can change, and it's bright sunlight, and all is well again.

2009 American Institute of Architects San Francisco Award Winning Design : Congregation Beth Shalom, 14th Ave. & Clement

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

---------------

24th Street Mission BART

IMG_0035.jpg

Skyline & Summer Fog from Masonic Ave.

IMG_0068.jpg

Really nice photos of the beautiful modern synagogue. I love the wonderful composition of the BART 24th St. station even more!

yeah, the synagogue reminds me of ark. it's hard photographing from street level though since 14th Ave is small and runs right into one of Park Presidio's parks that's cluttered with very tall bushes and trees...As cold as ice in the Ave's that day unlike the Mission, which seems a world apart and "chilly" in the Mission but it's not as cold as the Aves get. 24th & 16th Street BART Stations probably have the more interesting gritty look of all the SF stations...Glen Park Station is my favorite.

-------------------------------

17th Street near Potrero Ave.

IMG_0017-1.jpg

MUNI Yard, 17th Street

IMG_0020.jpg

Potrero Hill, Potrero Ave

IMG_0035-1.jpg

16th Street Mission BART Station

IMG_0036.jpg

Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep Student Life Center, Ellis Street at Franklin

IMG_0039.jpg

Edited by Zahc