San Francisco Photo of the Day

Charles Pearson

Beautiful and evocative light of early day in SF....it won't be this quiet later! Love your photos of my favorite city, please keep them coming!

Thanks,

Maison de Ville

...how very true. Silence or alone time doesn't last very long here, no matter where you are...we have something in common: San Francisco.

cheers!

Zahc

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

Those are three really nice pictures, especially the first one with the preacher, of whom one only sees the porcupine hair with the congregation in the back. I bet it's the Rescue Mission in the Tenderloin...

But all three pictures together make a great combination of textures, shapes, patterns

IMG_0401-1.jpg

Another one of your series of photographs where it looks like an eerie spaceship (here the Federal Building) landed in the City. Last time it was the round UFO in Yuerba Buena Gardens. I just love your work, as you can see by my many comments...

07OBA.jpg

Hey Zahc,

These two photos look like pastel paintings. I did a lot of landscape pastel paintings along the beach, and I could swear these are paintings. They are so lyrical. Fantastic!

germanartist

08OBA.jpg

Sorry Zahc, these are the paintings I meant, which look like pastel paintings. Really nice!

08OBA.jpg

Hey Zahc,

These two photos look like pastel paintings. I did a lot of landscape pastel paintings along the beach, and I could swear these are paintings. They are so lyrical. Fantastic!

germanartist

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Great pics of the new Academy of Sciences Steinhart aquariums. Don't you love the giant Northern California tank, that's built around the corner, which you capture in your photo.

The angel fish in the second photo are very beautiful. They're not the ones commonly kept in our aquariums (pterophyllum scalare) but these are the pterophyllum altum angel fish , that live in the wild in the amazon area. They're a bit higher and slimmer.

Great work!