Charlotte Weather

More on the quake  Brad does believe it was a quake not a blast very shallow and felt in Fort Mill, Pineville and a few areas of south Charlotte.  It was very shallow.    Here is the history of quakes in this area and usually they dont strike here but we feel them here from bigger quakes elsewhere.   I felt the quake that was up in Ashe County a few years back. 

May be an image of map and text

May be an image of map and text

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 3:48 PM, DCMetroRaleigh said:

I am absolutely loving this late spring weather! Curling up beside the fireplace and binging Netflix for Memorial Day Weekend is a vibe. 

IMG_0740.png

It was a nice change. It's interesting how spring came early and nice that it is hanging on. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

I neglected to realize there was a large eggplant leaf cantilevered over my rain gauge, it grew a lot while I was out of town.

Well I am afraid as a Brad Panovich wannabe weather spotter this might disqualify you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

from the Triangle Biz Journal about this Pfizer plant"

""The facility is one of the largest sterile injectable facilities in the world, according to Pfizer's website, with more than 1.4 million square feet of manufacturing space on 250 acres. Nearly 25 percent of all sterile injectables used in U.S. hospitals are produced at the site, the company says.

The damage appeared to be concentrated on the facility's distribution area. Pfizer, in a Tweet, said it was assessing the situation to determine the impact on production and noted that no serious injuries had been reported.""

NWS is saying this was an F3 tornado very strong for NC and rare in the summer outside of the prime spring and fall tornado seasons.  Thank God there were no deaths or serious injuries.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 9:00 AM, KJHburg said:

from the Triangle Biz Journal about this Pfizer plant"

""The facility is one of the largest sterile injectable facilities in the world, according to Pfizer's website, with more than 1.4 million square feet of manufacturing space on 250 acres. Nearly 25 percent of all sterile injectables used in U.S. hospitals are produced at the site, the company says.

The damage appeared to be concentrated on the facility's distribution area. Pfizer, in a Tweet, said it was assessing the situation to determine the impact on production and noted that no serious injuries had been reported.""

NWS is saying this was an F3 tornado very strong for NC and rare in the summer outside of the prime spring and fall tornado seasons.  Thank God there were no deaths or serious injuries.  

to follow up on the tornado near Rocky Mount a few weeks back here is Pfizer and its statement on it.

Pfizer tornado recovery: What was lost in NC tornado, impact on US medicine supply (wral.com)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I'm surprised Sandy isn't on there anywhere. 

Sandy did more storm surge flooding in the coastal areas of NY and NJ and notably in Queens, Staten Island etc.  It was heavy rain but I guess not that much as past storms. Sandy was moving fast when it hit NYC.   

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...