Apple

gs3

I'm not sure if I've ever seen such an extensive renovation of a retail space as they are doing.

BTW, I loved the outdoor pic, good shot of the Macy's. At least it's not whitewashed like all of their other stores.

Yeah it's a nice store-inside and out. I miss Haywood :( . I'm probably just going to the Asheville Mall, Florida Mall, Mall at Millenia, and West Town. I really like this mall but I never go and I have no idea why lol. I'm 100% sure that I'm going to go Christmas shopping there and probably once more before.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only is Apple doing an extensive renovation to the space but an expensive one at that. The renovation is costing Apple $1,500,000 according to the building permit filed. Shawmut Design & Construction is the contractor doing the upfit work.

Not only is Apple doing an extensive renovation to the space but an expensive one at that. The renovation is costing Apple $1,500,000 according to the building permit filed. Shawmut Design & Construction is the contractor doing the upfit work.

That says a lot about how much they want to be in the Greenville market. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so exciting. I read today in the Greenville Business Magazine that our store is twice as big as the one in Charleston. Also the article states that most of the 284 Apple stores that exist are not as big as the Haywood Mall Store. I received the e-mail notice from Apple today. The first 1000 visitors receive a free commemorative t-shirt.

The Charlotte store is indeed tiny. I believe that Apple are making all new stores as large as Greenville's. :)

I wouldn't say that Haywood is so much bigger than the SouthPark store because the one at SouthPark is about 4,000 square feet and Haywood is about 6,500 square feet.

I wouldn't say that Haywood is so much bigger than the SouthPark store because the one at SouthPark is about 4,000 square feet and Haywood is about 6,500 square feet.

Are you serious? A retail store that is 6500 sq. ft. versus 4000 sq. ft. is absolutely much larger. As a matter of fact, it is more than 50% larger, which is a huge difference.

Are you serious? A retail store that is 6500 sq. ft. versus 4000 sq. ft. is absolutely much larger. As a matter of fact, it is more than 50% larger, which is a huge difference.

The stockroom at Apple stores are about half of the store, so that's basically looking at 2000 vs. 3250. That's only 1250 square feet. That's 1.25 times the size of Starbucks. I wouldn't really call the SouthPark store "tiny" and the Haywood store "much larger". Much larger is almost double the size, imo.

The stockroom at Apple stores are about half of the store, so that's basically looking at 2000 vs. 3250. That's only 1250 square feet. That's 1.25 times the size of Starbucks. I wouldn't really call the SouthPark store "tiny" and the Haywood store "much larger". Much larger is almost double the size, imo.

I did not say the Charlotte store was tiny. I don't know if there is a definition of much larger, but in a retail setting, even 1250 square in a 3250 square foot store is a lot more space. Using your calculations, let's just agree that our store is a large one and appreciate that. Now that we have our own store, I don't care about the one in Charlotte.

The store is huge! I arrived at 8:00 a.m., and was inside just a few minutes after 10:00 a.m. I got what I wanted (the Apple iPad Case). I only stayed about 10 minutes because there were at least 500 people in line. So many awesome accessories. shades.gif

post-16665-024236800 1278775578_thumb.jp

The store is huge! I arrived at 8:00 a.m., and was inside just a few minutes after 10:00 a.m. I got what I wanted (the Apple iPad Case). I only stayed about 10 minutes because there were at least 500 people in line. So many awesome accessories. shades.gif

post-16665-024236800 1278775578_thumb.jp

Nope not huge, lol. Huge is Apple at Lenox!

So I did wind up going to the mall today.....lines still going strong at 12:30 to get in the store but not backed up to Sears. I saw some people taking pictures in front. I didn't have time to wait to get in, unfortunately, but it sounds very nice. I can't wait to check it out next week. Anyone know how business/sales were today?

Also went to Best Buy and the Apple section there was busier than ever. I was surprised, actually, since the grand opening of the store was today. I guess a lot of people didn't want to deal with the grand opening crowd at the store. Wonder how iPlace did.

ETA: The Haywood Apple store is probably larger because I believe I read they are opening their stores larger now.

Archived