Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not Charlotte, but the QC’s proximity to the beautiful beaches of  our state (North Topsail in this case) adds to its allure!

“Halfway between the mountains and the beach” should be a major selling point for Charlotte.  How many cities on the east coast have such close proximity to both?

• Like 4

I think just NY, Boston, DC,  Philly, and Columbia have similar access.  Atlanta is further from the ocean, and Nashville is very far away.  Other than Columbia, Charlotte is much cheaper than those other cities.

Also, Charleston and Savannah, by contrast, are far from the mountains.

Charlotte’s geography is definitely a massive selling point. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Baltimore and Ohio railroad, B&O, Americas first and oldest locomotive rail line was begun because Baltimore is closer to the crest of the Appalachian mountains than any East Coast port. Not that this makes Baltimore a sea coast town. Just that the ridge line, diminished in height as it is, angles east as it runs north and puts it closer to the Atlantic as it travels.

I learned about this while researching Johns Hopkins and he was America's first railroad baron by his large holding in the B&O

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

“Halfway between the mountains and the beach” should be a major selling point for Charlotte.  How many cities on the east coast have such close proximity to both?

Ehhh. Is nearly 4 hours from the beach really a thing...idk maybe 2 but 4 is a stretch of a selling point 

18 minutes ago, j-man said:

Ehhh. Is nearly 4 hours from the beach really a thing...idk maybe 2 but 4 is a stretch of a selling point 

Personally think the Airport connectivity is a much more relevant selling point. Getting anywhere on the east and central time zone and Denver/PHX in 4 hours from door to door. 

41 minutes ago, j-man said:

It would be for anyone wanting nice weekend getaways.  About 2 hours to Asheville or Boone and little over 3 to Charleston, Wilmington, or Myrtle Beach.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Actually the location in terms of distance to the mountains 2 hours or so and 3 hours to the coast is a BIG selling point to Charlotte.  Most second home owners want places within 4 hours of their primary residence and this makes this city an absolute perfect location for a mountain house or beach condo or both.   People moving here know this and like our location.  And of course the airport.  In many miles of travel around Charlotte lately I always for out of state tags. Many of the NY, NJ tags but many Virginia probably from northern VA DC suburbs and I have spotted quite a few Californians. 

It has always surprised me that we have a lot of Californians here, but we are a much affordable housing market compared to California.

• Like 2

Don’t know if you meant to or not, but the first two pics looked Almost what the Q, C would look like if it was a coastal city. Either way, great shots KJ!

(maybe it was the gone coastal thingy you said)

Edited by A2.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Disagree I like it that is so different and the gold windows make it unique.  Not sure what the view is from the inside only went  up into the tower once.  

I seem to be the only one here who loathes Charlotte's 70s buildings.  I hate the ones in Atlanta too.   Every time I visit Atlanta, I think that I’d love to see these towers get new facades.  Fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon one’s perspective),  Charlotte has less of these ugly towers than Atl does.

546BD571-2107-4800-AD0B-2A11568562A0.png

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s a nice photo.  I didn’t credit Charlottestories.com because I know that no one on this board likes them.  I just credited the name on the article.  I don’t know who took the photo.

I'm just trying to convince you to stop supporting a plagiarism factory with fake writers. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/newsbuzzr-scammer-news-plagiarism-website-traffic_n_5d584e8be4b056fafd0cd0dc?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&fbclid=IwAR31SggU7YiwA-MKi4kp5HvcRBWTRDE_10cGoDXZToRlkv78hMyS6W-uwEE

I challenge you to find Adrianna Robinson, Kelly Marksbury, Luciano Hendrix existing in the real world. None have any social media presence, and you'd be hard pressed to find one journalist/writer, let alone 3 without any social media presence or maybe a linkedin. Writers, especially the ones that'd show up on Charlotte Stories, would  have to self promote. Hell if you look up Luciano Hendrix on facebook, he hasn't posted since 2017, and it was a "selfie" of an entirely different person. If you look at his fiends list, all bots.

BOYCOTT CHARLOTTE STORIES

Edited by Guest