Missouri will fall to 24

V Tech will move to 12

Clemson will move out

Wisc will not budge

UGA will fall to 21

Tenn, who knows

Auburn will break in

FSU will as well

I think you're right on the mark with your predictions and picks for this week. I can't wait for tonights game to see if you're right about USC and K. I think K's QB is a difference maker, but Spurrier's coaching (as much as us FSU people don't like him) is top notch.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USC should have already been in the top 10. But you know how these pollsters work. The rankings have been awful all season, and haven't gotten any better thanks to "sports experts" thinking more with their personal emotions than their brains. I think Spurrier has led his team through a very tough early schedule with wins over GA, Mississippi State and now KY. The beef of their schedule is the final four games against Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida, and Clemson. I'm not sure they'll be able to win the majority of those games, especially playing those strong teams back to back with the only measurable break between Florida and Clemson. I'd say make the best of this early season, because the end is not going to be as smooth.

Yeah Kentucky went down last night. I would imagine South Carolina will move up into the top ten next week.

SC looked good too, even though the score got close and they didnt lose by much UK looked overmatched throughout the game. Maybe it was the pressure of a first big road game?

USC should have already been in the top 10. But you know how these pollsters work. The rankings have been awful all season, and haven't gotten any better thanks to "sports experts" thinking more with their personal emotions than their brains. I think Spurrier has led his team through a very tough early schedule with wins over GA, Mississippi State and now KY. The beef of their schedule is the final four games against Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida, and Clemson. I'm not sure they'll be able to win the majority of those games, especially playing those strong teams back to back with the only measurable break between Florida and Clemson. I'd say make the best of this early season, because the end is not going to be as smooth.

I don't know if they should have already been in the top 10, but your point is taken. The test for the rest of the season is definitely those last 4 you mentioned. But I think USC will in at least 3/4 of them. Tennessee and Arkansas are down this year, which is good for Carolina's chances. Florida is the big question mark for me, and Clemson. Unless something drastic happens, USC will probably be favored to win but that means absolutely nothing in a rivalry game... particularly since Clemson was beaten at home last year.

As a USC alum and fan, it will be fun to see us sit in the top 10 for a few weeks while we play North Carolina and Vanderbilt :)

Arkansas has that upset factor about them. I'm only comfortable playing them knowing all sides of the ball are strong and ready to play. Tennessee is probably vulnerable after the early season losses, so if there's a year to beat them, this would be it. I like USC's chances to do some damage in the SEC.

and another one... and another one... and another one bites the dust. Another top 10 team loses, #5 Wisconsin falls to Illinois.

Yeah and South Florida is struggling against Florida Atlantic. Four point game with 11 minutes to go. Yet another top ten team could possibly go down.

This is really shaping up to be a strange year! There have already been so many surprises, and this week we got even more, with Illinois beating #5 Wisconsin, #24 Kansas St losing to Kansas (although that isn't all that surprising), and Tennessee is just manhandling #12 Georgia. The result of the big LSU-Florida game is going to give us a surprise either way...either LSU losing or Florida dropping 2 in a row. Both would be pretty unsusal, but one of them has to happen! Should be a classic!

It looks like Michigan State has started their annual mid-season meltdown, losing to a lousy Northwestern team in OT. Michigan won again with RB Mike Hart breaking the school rushing record and piling up 215 yards and 3 TDs!

#8 Kentucky and #19 Texas both went down today too, though both to ranked opponents. Also, Clemson is getting manhandled, and 4 more ranked teams must meet their maker before the end of the night. On a brighter note, I just got my tickets in the mail for the Oct 27th UConn/USF game today....

USC actually lost AT HOME to the Pac-10 laughing stock, Stanford. Forget Appalachian State beating Michigan, THIS is the upset of the year. Unbelievable. What a disaster. I am completely appalled.

Edited by torgo

USC actually lost AT HOME to the Pac-10 laughing stock, Stanford. Forget Appalachian State beating Michigan, THIS is the upset of the year. Unbelievable. What a disaster. I am completely appalled.

we forgot to mention UGA losing to Tennessee,

We look to have a LSU Florida battle coming down to the end.

PS. USC lose is bad, horrible, unbelievable.

Nah, Stanford is still D-I. App State is D-II. Way more embarrassing for Michigan!

great game down in LSU, LSU stays the team to beat, Cal #2? OSU #3, USF #4, BC #5?

Fantastic game. That might have been the best game I've seen all year.

1. My thoughts:
  2. Louisiana St.
  3. California
  4. Ohio St.
  5. Boston Coll.
  6. South Florida
  7. Oklahoma
  8. South Carolina
  9. West Virginia
  10. Virginia Tech
  11. Oregon
The question is which which win was more significant: BC over Bowling Green or USF over Florida Atlantic? Also, with Kentucky and Georgia out of the #8 and #11 spots, which teams will fill the gaps?

Nah, Stanford is still D-I. App State is D-II. Way more embarrassing for Michigan!

Fantastic game. That might have been the best game I've seen all year.

1. My thoughts:
  2. Louisiana St.
  3. California
  4. Ohio St.
  5. Boston Coll.
  6. South Florida
  7. Oklahoma
  8. South Carolina
  9. West Virginia
  10. Virginia Tech
  11. Oregon
The question is which which win was more significant: BC over Bowling Green or USF over Florida Atlantic? Also, with Kentucky and Georgia out of the #8 and #11 spots, which teams will fill the gaps?

I agree with the top 10 I would say a Wisconsin stays at the 11 spot or USC, I don't see USC dropping to much. Also App St. is division I. FCS or 1-aa, but they are still division 1, hte only difference for the subdivisions is scholarships, FCS gives 63 max and allows partial schlarships and has a playoff system. FBS has 85 scholarships and they have to be all full schollie. and dont have a national champion instead play bowl money games.

Yeah another crazy chapter in a season of college football this weekend. For a while I thought South Florida and LSU could be going down. Although I did figure USC would lose somewhere along the way I admit I didn't think it would be here. But as we've already seen so far this year. You can't take anyone for granted, let alone a conference foe, even if they aren't that particularly good. While it now looks like Florida is out of the hunt for the NC, I'm wondering if they might still can make it back to possibly win the SEC East. Spurrier's SC looks to be in the driving seat there. They've also already gotten LSU out of the way now.

Yeah another crazy chapter in a season of college football this weekend. For a while I thought South Florida and LSU could be going down. Although I did figure USC would lose somewhere along the way I admit I didn't think it would be here. But as we've already seen so far this year. You can't take anyone for granted, let alone a conference foe, even if they aren't that particularly good. While it now looks like Florida is out of the hunt for the NC, I'm wondering if they might still can make it back to possibly win the SEC East. Spurrier's SC looks to be in the driving seat there. They've also already gotten LSU out of the way now.

Spurriers team looks good, I would watch out for sabans tide, there isnt to much in their way for the rest of the season.

My NOLES seem to be getting back into it. Hopefully the pollsters will let them back into the party this week. As far as the other games were concerned, I was very happy to see Illinois beat Wisconsin and Miami (FSU arch rival) go down in defeat to UNC yesterday most of all I enjoyed watching LSU beat up on the Gaytors.

FSU has a short week to prepare for a Thursday night game on ESPN against Wake Forest who ate our lunch at home last year (30-0). I think that was the first time FSU has been shut out in my lifetime. So this week would be a good week for the Seminoles to redeem themselves.

As for the poll. My choices for the top 10 would be:

1) Louisiana State

2) Ohio State

3) California

4) Oklahoma

5) South Carolina

6) Boston College

7) South Florida

8) Southern California

9) Virginia Tech

10) Wisconsin

.... Seminoles coming back soon.

If Southern Cal does not leave the top 10 then I think that is proof of a SoCal bias in the polls. If you loose to an unranked team, then you should be out of the top 10 entirely. JMHO.

I agree with the top 10 I would say a Wisconsin stays at the 11 spot or USC, I don't see USC dropping to much. Also App St. is division I. FCS or 1-aa, but they are still division 1, hte only difference for the subdivisions is scholarships, FCS gives 63 max and allows partial schlarships and has a playoff system. FBS has 85 scholarships and they have to be all full schollie. and dont have a national champion instead play bowl money games.

You're right about App State. My bad. I got my terms mixed up.