The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. June 1st, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Thanks; btw are you over there somewhere?  It would be an incentive just to meet some "unmatched" faces for a change (since I haven't even been to a regular or a mini-meet since last December.

-==-

Would love to come if I can, though I wouldn't be able to stay too long.  I'll have a better idea of my schedule closer to time.  

No for me, but thanks for the invite Ron.

If you ever do a mini meet on the East side, downtown I will. I will not go to Crema, Pinewood Social, Bond Coffee, or the Red Bicycle for personal reasons, but Frothy Monkey, Dunn's Brothers, Tin Cup, 417 Union, Bongo in the Omni, Kollie Koffee on 8th, or Starbucks in the Renaissance are great options.

Edited by Paramount747

So, is this an "official" meet and not a neighborhood one? If so, I will try my best to be there. I finally have a weekend where the Mrs. is out and it's raining. I can't think of anymore excuses. Count me as a "I'll do my best".

What's the deal? Provence? Church St. 10am? Is that correct?

I've been very negative lately. Could use a "pick-me-up."

Edited by nashvillwill

So, is this an "official" meet and not a neighborhood one? If so, I will try my best to be there. I finally have a weekend where the Mrs. is out and it's raining. I can't think of anymore excuses. Count me as a "I'll do my best".

What's the deal? Provence? Church St. 10am? Is that correct?

I've been very negative lately. Could use a "pick-me-up."

Ron says Bond Coffee, 10am (at the Icon, near the "corner" of 11th and 12th Ave S.).  This "mini-meet" might be "official" but not officially official.  The meets held on the first Saturdays are the genuine official meets.  See below for related posts of the vicinity

-==-

Hey guys, I am trying to shoot for next Saturday for a mini meet at Bond Coffee in the Gulch. William is out as he has a prior commitment.

Shooting for 10 am.

Free one hour parking in the Icon, which is the same building that Bond Coffee is in.  Additional hours are paid but IIRC they are cheap - maybe $2.00 per hour.  

A trick for parking. Park around the corner from the BBQ place. There is on street parking with no meters there and only a five minute walk, Max!

Great little mini meet this AM,and a big shout out to Mr Bond. First meet for him at his establishment as well.

Didn't know that was his last name; got it.  Nice venue setting.  BUT. but, but, but,...

Gulch connectivity Sux A$$, big time, to the niche of SE gulch at Overton, Gleaves, Magazine, and whatnot.  Someone(s) brought this up recently, and Metro's suckin' allowing sidewalk cut-offs for developer/contractors, like the 1000 Division Street project (by Mainland Urban), between The Icon and Yazoo Brewery.  Without customer-amenities like one-hour free parking in the Icon, as offered by Bond Coffee, closing sidewalks almost does more harm than good and makes me want to remain home in my clam-shell, when such closings multiply with concurrent projects.

-==-

Edited by rookzie

I have never attended one of your meetings or mini meetings.  Can you tell me what happens at meets and about how many attend.

Generally between 8-15 join. More if we have an announced guest speaker. It's a general discussion forum, much like here but sometimes walkabouts occur, announcements that aren't public yet, etc.

Hey guys and gals, anyone up for a quick mini meet at Provence in Hillsboro Village at 10:30 on Saturday?

aˈhm.....  It's highly coincidental that I should already be in the Village around that time myself.  So then, that can be at least 2 of us.  Would be nice if at least one other lost soul (or even a found one) can muster.

-==-

Today, a nano-meet up and evolved at the Provence, Hillsboro Village.

Thanks to Bob Phelps, and to visiting Nathan_in_DC for the session on general CBD and Midtown development.  Another great face-matching opportunity.

.-.
                                                    /   \
                                     _____.....-----{sodEmoji.|}(o) {sodEmoji.|}
                               _..--'          _..--{sodEmoji.|}  .''
                             .'  o      _..--''     {sodEmoji.|}  {sodEmoji.|} {sodEmoji.|}
                            /  _/_..--''            {sodEmoji.|}  {sodEmoji.|} {sodEmoji.|}
                   ________/  / /                   {sodEmoji.|}  {sodEmoji.|} {sodEmoji.|}
                  {sodEmoji.|} _  ____\ / /                    {sodEmoji.|}  {sodEmoji.|} {sodEmoji.|}
 _.-----._________{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|} {sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}    \\ /                     {sodEmoji.|}  {sodEmoji.|} {sodEmoji.|}
{sodEmoji.|}================={sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}={sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}_____\\                      {sodEmoji.|}__{sodEmoji.|}-'
{sodEmoji.|}                 {sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}_{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}_____//                      (o\ {sodEmoji.|}
{sodEmoji.|}_________________{sodEmoji.|}_________/                        {sodEmoji.|}-\{sodEmoji.|}
 '-------------._______.----'                        /  '.
    .,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,                      /     \
   ((O) o o o o ======= o o(O))                 ._.'      /
    '-.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,-'                   '.......'

-==-

Edited  by rookzie

• Like 2