The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Just so we are all on the same page:

UP driving tour mini-meet on 10/29

Meet at 10 am in this https://goo.gl/maps/xNxpB71R3992 corner of the stadium lot (you should be familiar if you have ever taken the shuttle to Bridgestone).

We'll hang around for a few minutes and probably map out a route/gameplan.

We may decide to stop somewhere and eat afterwards. That's up to y'all.

Again, anyone is welcome, but please do RSVP so we can get a handle on numbers and who to expect.

• Like 1

This Saturday, Nov. 5th, will mark the 11th Anniversary of Nashville Urban Planet Meet-Ups, and we'll be celebrating with a cake and some reminiscing from those who have been part of it from the beginning. So, plan on being at Provence Bakery in the Downtown Library at 10 AM sharp.  

Be sure to wear your walking shoes, too. If the weather is nice, we'll do a walk-about of downtown construction sites.  Should the weather be wet, then we will discuss a myriad of topics in Nashville's development news from the past month.  I will provide a list of those topics later this week.  

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

This Saturday, Nov. 5th, will mark the 11th Anniversary of Nashville Urban Planet Meet-Ups, and we'll be celebrating with a cake and some reminiscing from those who have been part of it from the beginning. So, plan on being at Provence Bakery in the Downtown Library at 10 AM sharp.  

Be sure to wear your walking shoes, too. If the weather is nice, we'll do a walk-about of downtown construction sites.  Should the weather be wet, then we will discuss a myriad of topics in Nashville's development news from the past month.  I will provide a list of those topics later this week.  

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I will be there at 9am as usual to grab seats and shoot the bull with the early birds.

I'll try and bring my Hoveround on the bus, if doesn't rain...

All is ready with our cake to celebrate the 11th year of Meet-Ups tomorrow morning at 10 AM (Sat. Nov. 5th) at Provence in the Downtown Library. If you're coming, please try to be prompt as we'll present the cake, get some nostalgic tales from Ron, William, and others while eating…then we'll proceed on a walkabout of various sites downtown.  Be sure to wear you walking shoes.  

Should the weather turn foul, we will have these topics to discuss on various developmental issues from the past month.  If the walking tour happens, then all these items will be combined with our discussion points of November news at our Dec. 3rd Meet-Up:

• Holiday Jones Hotel on Main Street in East Nashville gets a few revisions.  NW corner of Main and Neill Ave. 5 stories, 100 rooms.
  • Harry O's (former Trail West Building) construction is underway at SE corner Broadway and 3rd Ave. South.  5 stories and rooftop bar. 
  • Pedestrian Bridge over the CSX tracks in the Gulch gets Metro approval. Have some mock-ups of location to share.
  • Bill Miller of Johnny Cash Museum continues buying properties for restaurant/bar developments around 3rd and Broadway.
  • Morris Building (Sunday School Publishing Board built in 1924 at corner of Charlotte and 4th Ave. North) in discussions about 10-story addition for a hotel.
  • New Criminal Justice Center designs (6 stories, $113 million) announced for SE corner of 3rd Ave. North and Gay St.
  • May Hosiery Mill redevelopment on Chestnut in WeHo/Chestnut Hill area is underway.
  • TPA Group officially purchases former Goodwill Warehouse block (4.82 acres) in Germantown (SE corner of 3rd Ave. North and Taylor) for $13.65 million. Plan for 400,000 sq. ft. mixed-use including offices, retail, hotel, and parking.
  • Centurion Stone property in Germantown (12 acres at NE corner of Adams and Van Buren, with 900 ft.of Cumberland River frontage) is for sale. Just north of proposed Hammer Mill/Nuehoff Packing Plant redevelopment.
  • Another Germantown self-storage project (6 stories w/ retail on first floor) announced for SE corner of 3rd Ave. North and Monroe.
  • Chauhan's Morph Hospitality Group buys 1.75 acres in Germantown just east of Goodwill site on Taylor St. for a couple more trendy restaurants, most likely in converted warehouse space.
  • SoBro Apartments (33 stories at SW corner of 2nd Ave. South and Demonbreun) is now partially open and renting space.  I have a full promotion kit with apartment layouts to share.
  • Brooklyn Bowl (concert, entertainment and bar) may be going in former Dury's Photo Supply building at 701 Ewing in SoBro.
  • Provident Realty purchases Nashville Plywood warehouse at NE corner of 27th Ave. North and Felicia (just 1 block north of Charlotte Ave.) Cost was $3.9 million for the 1.5 acre site that includes a 20,000 sq. ft. warehouse.  Guessing they will develop an apartment complex eventually.
  • Bro's Cajun Cuisine lot (1 acre at NW corner of Charlotte Ave. and I-440 overpass) is for sale at $3 million.
  • Boyle Group announces further plans for massive $270 million The Northside at McEwen site near Cool Springs.  First phase will be 180,000 sq. ft. office, 28,000 sq. ft. retail, 338 apartment, and 1,100 parking spaces.
  • Also near Cool Springs, Crescent Communities announces $100 million mixed-use development at NE corner of Carouthers and McEwen.  Will feature 300,000 sq. ft. of office, 340 apartments, some retail/restaurants, and 180-room hotel. 
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Thanks for sharing!  Looks like a good time.  One of these days, I"ll make it to one.  Any chance there could be a listing of who's who in that group photo, for shlubs like me who have yet to meet any of you fine folks in person?

So y'all are real people? I thought you were some sort of internet spirits.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We will have our monthly Meet-Up this Saturday, Dec. 3rd at 10:00 AM at Provence Bakery in the Downtown Library.  We will have lots to discuss since last month we tabled most subjects that had come in during October in favor of our 11th Anniversary Celebration and Walk-About downtown.  So, we'll have nearly 2 month's worth of new announcements and developments to catch-up on.  I will send out a list of topics later this week.  

Also, if anyone has traveled to another city during this stretch and would like to give a 2-minute summary of what you experienced as far as architecture, construction, mass transit, etc., please be ready to share.   I'll report on Chicago and South Bend, IN.  

Looking forward to seeing everyone.  : )

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 8:18 AM, markhollin said:

We will have our monthly Meet-Up this Saturday, Dec. 3rd at 10:00 AM at Provence Bakery in the Downtown Library.  We will have lots to discuss since last month we tabled most subjects that had come in during October in favor of our 11th Anniversary Celebration and Walk-About downtown.  So, we'll have nearly 2 month's worth of new announcements and developments to catch-up on.  I will send out a list of topics later this week.  

Also, if anyone has traveled to another city during this stretch and would like to give a 2-minute summary of what you experienced as far as architecture, construction, mass transit, etc., please be ready to share.   I'll report on Chicago and South Bend, IN.  

Looking forward to seeing everyone.  : )

I've lived in South Bend and my parents still live there...great little city!!

• Like 1