The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. May 4th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Hey guys, as I mentioned previously, I'll be in town and available for a short meetup on Tuesday if anyone wants to do coffee or brunch in downtown.

Does 10:30 at Bongo in the Omni work? I'm open to different times (any time between 9:00 and 1:00 would work for me) and locations (preferably somewhere in the CBD to make for an easy and quick walkaround if so desired).

If you're down with it and the location works for you, PM me and I'll shoot you my contact info if you don't already have it!

Edited by Nathan_in_DC

2 hours ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Hey guys, as I mentioned previously, I'll be in town and available for a short meetup on Tuesday if anyone wants to do coffee or brunch in downtown.

Does 10:30 at Bongo in the Omni work? I'm open to different times (any time between 9:00 and 1:00 would work for me) and locations (preferably somewhere in the CBD to make for an easy and quick walkaround if so desired).

If you're down with it and the location works for you, PM me and I'll shoot you my contact info if you don't already have it!

I was up for it…but now my plans have changed and I will be out of town from Tue-Thur. Hope some folks can meet up with you, Nathan.  Should you still be around from the 25th onward, I will be here and quite flexible. 

Alright, it's either that time or almost that time depending on what you decide. This weekend features our first Saturday of 2016, however I know many will still be in holiday hangover mode. I will be in Memphis, personally, and I'm sure many others will be out of town. 

With that - do we want to meet the 2nd or the 9th to start this year off?

• smeagolsfree changed the title to Nashville Forum Meet JANUARY 2016 - JAN 9 - PROVENCE

FYI, they said on the news that the water main had been fixed

Main Library will reopen at 9 AM tomorrow

When: Friday, January 8, 2016 (all day)
Where: Main Library
The damaged water line that caused Main Library to close Friday, January 8 is now repaired. 

Main Library will reopen at 9 AM tomorrow, January 9 for normal operating hours.
Categories: series/Closed, Locations, location/Main Library, Series
Edited by farm_boy
link added
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • dmillsphoto changed the title to Nashville Forum Meet February 2016 - 02/06 - BOND COFFEE
  • dmillsphoto changed the title to Nashville Forum Meet February 2016 - 02/06 - PROVENCE
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/29/2016 at 9:36 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Tis that time again!  Forum meet this coming Saturday, March 5th @ 10 am @ Provence  in the downtown library. All are welcome. Lurkers, non members, members, alike.

That is so tempting!  I actually regularly volunteer at the library archives between noon and 2 on Saturdays.  But 10 is unfortunately way too early for me.  I am a Lyft driver and if I don't work 2-3 AM Friday night (Saturday morning) I will be missing out on a lot of money.  I usually get home about 3:30 AM.  I live in Antioch. Usually when I arrive at the library around noon I am still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.  Damnit though I really want to make it to one of these meetings though.   I wish they were at like 2 pm on Tuesdays.  I would make it every day.  I understand though that I might be the only Nashville urban planning enthusiast who works nights and weekends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NashvilleTaylor said:

That is so tempting!  I actually regularly volunteer at the library archives between noon and 2 on Saturdays.  But 10 is unfortunately way too early for me.  I am a Lyft driver and if I don't work 2-3 AM Friday night (Saturday morning) I will be missing out on a lot of money.  I usually get home about 3:30 AM.  I live in Antioch. Usually when I arrive at the library around noon I am still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.  Damnit though I really want to make it to one of these meetings though.   I wish they were at like 2 pm on Tuesdays.  I would make it every day.  I understand though that I might be the only Nashville urban planning enthusiast who works nights and weekends.

You would also be the only person that would show up at 2 on a Tuesday too....LOL

• Like 1

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Nashville Forum Meet April 2016 - 04/02 - OPTIONS!!!

Alright everyone, we're two weeks out from the next meeting, but thanks to @markhollin pitching an idea, we've got an options. It so happens that One C1ty will be playing host to the final public meeting on the new MTA/RTA plans that have been discussed in the Transit thread. That said, the meeting will run from 9-10:30am which abuts our normal 10am meet. That said, if you'd like to join a few of us in the Q&A at One C1ty, please know that a number of us may begin there before relocating to either coffee or lunch nearby. 

We have also proposed splitting the meeting between One C1ty and Provence with moderating-representation at each location.

That said, what say you? 

• Like 3