The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

I am going to try and make it.  The last and only one I've been to so far was last November when Tony G joined.

I guess I forgot who you are, wreynol4, while I too was at that meet at Provence DT.  I've tried to maintain some mnemonic association of monikers with faces, with mixed results.  I won't be going Saturday, since it's a bit farther out for me, and I can't drive on one eye (hardly better on 2 eyes, w/r-t that matter). -==-

Floating this out there....

I know we have a number of Rutherford County posters. I am wondering if anyone is interested in having a (potentially recurring) Rutherford forum meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month (this month would be 10/17). 

This would be open to all (if anyone wants to make the trip from Davidson, Williamson, Wilson, etc, you are welcome), but the primary focus would be development happening in Rutherford and other ring counties (Nashville discussion is not off-limits, though, especially dealing with regional issues).

Please let me know if you are interested at all. If I can get a handful of people to join, I think it will be worth it. My idea would be to meet somewhere on the square in M'boro.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, a week out, and I'm wondering which works better - Steadfast Coffee in Germantown or Family Wash again, as we continue the circle around Downtown. That said, If you have a better idea that will get you to attend when you usually wouldn't, let me know. That said, I may end up having to cede another meeting as it appears I will have family obligations. 

I'll be sitting inside the main dining room listening to Jazz or Americana while eating breakfast, and Barbara may be with me. If you guys decide to meet in the front room, I will join you after the music set is over. 

It gets pretty loud in there with the live music, but The Family Wash is my new home away from home, so I will be there every Saturday morning for breakfast and live Jazz. If you meet elsewhere, I will not attend until the music shows are over.

Cannot pass up live music, great breakfast, and time with the wife.

Best, 

John

It would seem that if there is live music at Family Wash on Saturday mornings, then a) we would need to raise our voices/yell to be heard by each other, and b) doing so would not be appreciated by other patrons nor the musicians.  As much as I like that restaurant, methinks we need to find another location.  If someone can make a decision soon, it would be appreciated.  I have several newbies who are hoping to attend with me this Saturday, and would like to give them a heads-up ASAP. 

There it here is a room in the front door hat hopefully will not be that bad. IMO, FM may not be our location. I am opening up discussion for a location with the permission of Daniel and Kevin. I would like them to lead the charge and maybe do a poll and take ideas on places.

I do believe we want to be close to the core.

Great turnout today. I think there were 13 or 14 of us there including a couple of oldtimers, NashvilleCliff and Skyscrapergeek.

Good talking about old times and especially Dave Luna as some may remember him as "uncledave".

A recap of sorts with all that has happened in Nashville over the past ten years and what may happen in the next ten.

• Like 2