Founders Hall Renovations/Expansion

New Name

• 2 months later...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This city has seen entirely too many ped bridges go up over the past 6 months.

indeed, but most people that don't know better in regards to street activity really seem to be enamored with them. when someone comes to visit me they almost always make a comment about how many there are, as if its a big compliment.

that said, this one makes more logical sense than most, and maybe does add a little complexity and access to what i think could be the coolest interior in uptown.

• 2 months later...

Was walking by the site today and stopped to ask one of the workers when the construction should be wrapping up... he said most likely 1-2 years, which kind of shocked me, I didn't realize how extensive the renovation was to this building. He said basically.. the new BofA building will be complete by the time they are done! I also didn't realize they were taking out that grand staircase inside... kinda liked that, but if its for the sake of retail, by all means!

The glass going up looks great as well.

• 1 month later...

It is Bang & Olufsen, gonna take space on the bottom floor where Julie's was.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/business/story/664460.html

Big win for Uptown. It'll be a 1700 sq ft store designed by Little Architects. The article also mentions that several other major retailers are in advanced negotiations...

That's really awesome. I hope they do better than the upscale electronics store that was at Phillips Place.

• 3 months later...

Don't wish to start any buzz, but I recieved this from a friend who works as a PR/promotions director in Atlanta and does some work for H&M. Its a low res scan but it contains something interesting in it. He received it for a possible future press release, so lets hope something comes of it.

ritz-carlton.jpg

edit: My friend did some asking around, and found out that H&M is looking at Belgate, Concord Mills, and FoundersHall/Winter Garden for possible locations.

Archived