SF Pictures of the Day II

Charles Pearson

Thanks VOICE OF REASON...Pics of the East Bay are coming in a couple of weeks. Even I sometimes need a change of scenery, though--SF never grows boring. Where's this hippy town that I would love to visit? I know of one with lots of hippies called Bolinas. It's so hushed-up that there are no direction signs to its almost hidden world off the Northern Cal coast out of dense woods...

I had to look it up because it has been a few years since I went there. It is called Canyon CA. The little hike I took was in redwoon regional park. and it was Moraga not Colma. not Idea how inaccurate i was. Sorry about that.

I came from Concord/Walnut Creek direction so I took Canyon road. If you want to get that view I mentioned there is a path that starts from the intersection of Canyon and pinehurst. Just head up the hill where canyon rd terminates.

Also in the spirit of urbanism, Have you been to Walnut creek? Its a synthetic town, but I am impressed with how they have been able to repair the damage that auto based development caused. Its actually quite a vibrant downtown and its pedestrian friendly. Sadly its not close enough to the BART station. I just wish more suburbs would see what they are doing and replicate it. granted there needs to be a little more mixed use elements with residential above the retail, but this town has always impressed me. The cities web site also has loads of great info on it about its plans to expand upon its success.

I had to look it up because it has been a few years since I went there. It is called Canyon CA. The little hike I took was in redwoon regional park. and it was Moraga not Colma. not Idea how inaccurate i was. Sorry about that.

I came from Concord/Walnut Creek direction so I took Canyon road. If you want to get that view I mentioned there is a path that starts from the intersection of Canyon and pinehurst. Just head up the hill where canyon rd terminates.

Also in the spirit of urbanism, Have you been to Walnut creek? Its a synthetic town, but I am impressed with how they have been able to repair the damage that auto based development caused. Its actually quite a vibrant downtown and its pedestrian friendly. Sadly its not close enough to the BART station. I just wish more suburbs would see what they are doing and replicate it. granted there needs to be a little more mixed use elements with residential above the retail, but this town has always impressed me. The cities web site also has loads of great info on it about its plans to expand upon its success.

Thanks! I figured you meant Morago & not COLMA, San Francisco's cemetary town with a TARGET store. Canyon, CA? I am unfamiliar with it, but look forward to finding it...

Yes, I have been to Walnut Creek. The company I'm working for is developing plans to move several depts. out there to an industrial park not very close to BART & a majority do not want commute to Walnut Creek, esp. those of us who don't live in the East Bay.

It's very different out there than in The City. Then I feel that way about most of the East Bay save entertaining BERKELEY which is in a league of its own. Walnut Creek (pop. 65,000) like EMERYVILLE are great Bay Area business hub towns.

Edited by Zahc

Bernal Hts...

DSCN1376.jpg

Old Bus Stop at General Hospital, Potrero Ave.

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0568-1.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0570.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

General Hospital Gate

DSCN0565.jpg

Tenderloin Park, Ellis Street

DSCN0215-1.jpg

Front of Asian Art Museum at night, Historic Civic Center District

DSCN0329.jpg

Civic Center fountain at night

DSCN0498.jpg

YMCA Turk Street entrance

DSCN0501.jpg

Edited by Zahc

Touched by a finger, Hayes Street at Masonic

DSCN2245.jpg

Before Sunrise, Four Seasons Hotel & Spa San Francisco, Market Street

4seasons.jpg

The Marriott, Mission at 4th Street

DSCN1999.jpg

the new Mint Plaza, 5th Street

DSCN1968.jpg

Abercrobie & Fitch's "Beautiful People" window display

DSCN2009.jpg

DSCN2007.jpg

DSCN1971.jpg

DSCN2010.jpg

SF Centre (Westfield) window display, Market Street

DSCN1980.jpg

Powell St. Station Entrance, Market at 5th Street

DSCN1963.jpg

Coming to The Orpheum, Market Street at Hyde

DSCN2239.jpg

DSCN2240.jpg

Pink house & green bug, 5th Ave near Fulton

DSCN1942.jpg

Edited by Zahc

Project Open Hand, Polk Street

DSCN2261.jpg

DSCN2258.jpg

DSCN2260.jpg

DSCN2257.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

DSCN2250.jpg

DSCN2251.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg

DSCN2256.jpg

DSCN2254.jpg

Project Open Hand, Red-brick building, 2nd Floor, Polk Street at Ellis

DSCN2249.jpg

California Culinary Academy, Polk Street

DSCN2263.jpg

Market Street Office Building at Civic Center

DSCN2268.jpg

DSCN2269.jpg

Office Building and National Hotel

DSCN2270.jpg

Market Street (between 7th & 8th) at Civic Center/UN Plaza

DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2231.jpg

DSCN2083-1.jpg

Here in the big City I stood alone among the trees and nature. Just me, nature and the trees & the cool, swift salt air of the sea. No people, no panhandlers or congestion, no worries or paranoid feelings. For a moment, I was reminded of my boyhood growing up in the rustic black earth of eastern Florence county (South Carolina) & the long walks I took with my dogs (Hunter & Germie) through empty forests surrounding our house. I smiled, loving every memory in the now moment...

DSCN2141.jpg

DSCN2140.jpg

DSCN2139.jpg

Edited by Zahc

Another State Office Bldg nearing completion, Fell Street & Polk Street at Market

DSCN2680.jpg

Civic Center Event/Activity (Memorial Day Weekend)

DSCN2681.jpg

DSCN2684.jpg

DSCN2685.jpg

DSCN2692.jpg

DSCN2693.jpg

DSCN2701.jpg

DSCN2702.jpg

DSCN2704.jpg

Opera/Theatre/Musuem, Van Ness Ave.

DSCN2705.jpg

State Seal of California

DSCN2706.jpg

Art Exhibit, Civic Center/City Hall

DSCN2688.jpg

DSCN2690.jpg

DSCN2698.jpg

...Off to get married at City Hall?

DSCN2695.jpg

DSCN2696.jpg

City Hall Detail

DSCN2694.jpg

Civic Center Court House

DSCN2687.jpg

Fort Mason bldgs & the Golden Gate Bridge crossing a magnificant San Francisco Bay...

DSCN2869-1.jpg

DSCN2872-1.jpg

DSCN2875-1.jpg

DSCN2877-1.jpg

DSCN2878-1.jpg

DSCN2884-1.jpg

DSCN2885-1.jpg

Edited by Zahc