sfai008.jpg

sfai009.jpg

sfai010.jpg

sfai011.jpg

sfai012.jpg

sfai015.jpg

sfai016.jpg

sfai017.jpg

Photo No 10 is absolutely STUNNING, in it's juxtaposition of the barren, almost windowless concrete tower, and the many storied, many windowed apartment towers. And in contrast, we have a few Victorians. The photo works as an abstract color composition as well. 

I also like the otherworldly quality of the "pods" on the terrace of the Art Institute.

Edited by germanartist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

North American Skylines including San Francisco and not-truly a skyline but the most imposing village I've seen or can remember seeing: Harpers Ferry, WV (...bad photo of town taken w/photo booth due to camera problems at the time.)

nameriskylines002.jpg

nameriskylines001.jpg

Philadelphia

nameriskylines003.jpg

New Jersey

nameriskylines004.jpg

Edited by Zahc

North American Skylines including San Francisco and not-truly a skyline but the most imposing village I've seen or can remember seeing: Harpers Ferry, WV (...bad photo of town taken w/photo booth due to camera problems at the time.)

nameriskylines002.jpg

nameriskylines001.jpg

Philadelphia

nameriskylines003.jpg

New Jersey

nameriskylines004.jpg

I looked at and enjoyed all of the photos. Really wonderful. Way too many favorites for me to comment on.

I think my favorite of favorites is contained in toward the end of the first slide show of American skyscrapers. It is the second photo of the Sacramento skyscraper. What I love is not so much the skyscraper itself (New York, or even San Francisco has the upper hand here. However, what I find truly wonderful in the second photo of Sacramento skyscraper is your composition with the people waiting on the platform, and the diagonal of the elevated tracks. The air is filled with light. The lovely sky. The atmosphere is tangible. Truly magical.

Edited by germanartist