State buys Chimney Rock Park!

hauntedheadnc

Here's the link, which I just now saw in the Asheville Citizen-Times

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ID=200770129015

This is wonderful news! Chimney Rock Park is of incalculable value in terms of its unique geology and plantlife, the waterfalls, and its history. Best of all, it's just the crown jewel -- we've got the crown in Hickory Nut Gorge State Park! :yahoo:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent...!!

Does Chimney Rock share a border with Hickory Nut Gorge State Park? Will this all be folded together into a single 2500 acre park? I wonder how the state will manage the attractions (what will they do about the entrance fee?) The trails and attractions at Chimney Rock are more developed than at most state parks, and would therefore cost more to maintain.

:yahoo:

This is such a relief. It had been rumored for months that Dollywood was very interested. I am glad that turned out to be just a rumor.

It is my understanding that it will be a contiguous park. I checked the State of NC website for a press release but nothing is there yet. Hopefully details will be forthcoming. My guess is that the admission price will come down. However I just renewed my annual pass for $20 during the December promo!

Archived