Charleston Photo of the Day

gs3

I'm new to UP, but anyways, I have several wonderful pix of Charleston, stored on my computer, but how do you post them here? Just wondering.

Also, does Charleston ever have an Air Show? I know when growing up in Cleveland, OH before moving here to SC, every Labor Day Weekend, Cleveland had a huge air show at the Lakefront. Usually had the Blue Angels, or some other big USAF Group. I've always loved watching US War Planes and what not performing manuevers overhead. Anyways, if they did, I'm sure it would look sweet out over the Harbor.

I'm new to UP, but anyways, I have several wonderful pix of Charleston, stored on my computer, but how do you post them here? Just wondering.

Also, does Charleston ever have an Air Show? I know when growing up in Cleveland, OH before moving here to SC, every Labor Day Weekend, Cleveland had a huge air show at the Lakefront. Usually had the Blue Angels, or some other big USAF Group. I've always loved watching US War Planes and what not performing manuevers overhead. Anyways, if they did, I'm sure it would look sweet out over the Harbor.

Charleston does have an airshow, I forgot what time of year it ussually is though. If you want to post pictures, one of the most convenient sites is photobucket.com , thats what I ussually use.

Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

I'm loving the house, knightrider.

Check out this thread to see how to post images! Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your photos :)

Awesome pic. He must of had an excellent camera with very good zoom capabalities, because there is no way he would of been that close to the military plane when that pic was taken. If he was, he would of been in a big plane accident.

There is a good chance he was in another C-17 like this plane is here if not atlease a KC-135 Tanker and they get with a new dozen feet from each other while doing mid-air refueling these guys know how to get close and not screw up so he doesn;t really need a good zoom I am sure a standard micro would do.

• 3 weeks later...

This is from a wonderful screwup we had on the ICW just north of Isle of Palms late at night heading up to Capers Island for the weekend. It is in a photo competition in that will be shown in the April edition of Trailer Boats.

17.jpg

This is the sun rise over Dewees Island

P3220016.jpg

This is a view up the beach on Capers Island from the South Beach, We love Capers Island!

P1010025.jpg

^ Fantastic photos! I really like the beached boat and the relaxed attitude that goes with it. The sunset is simply beautiful!! :)

Thanks guys/gals Yeah we got stuck on the sand bar heading back to the island after picking up a friend and were there all night until Sea Tow came and helped out. The was a very beautiful cold and tiring sun rise. I live in Greenville, SC and love the mountains around here but get down to Charleston any chance I can get. I consider it my second home.

I live in Greenville, SC and love the mountains around here but get down to Charleston any chance I can get. I consider it my second home.

Know what you mean. The mountains of the Upstate and the charm of Greenville are what attracted me to SC, but after moving here a few years back, I've simply fallen in love with the Lowcountry and the entire coast.....Pawleys Island, Georgetown, Bluffton, Hilton Head, Beaufort, Mt. Pleasant, Kiawah Island, Daufuskie Island and of course, Charleston. SC really has some beautiful areas that go head to head with any state. :thumbsup:

This is from a wonderful screwup we had on the ICW just north of Isle of Palms late at night heading up to Capers Island for the weekend. It is in a photo competition in that will be shown in the April edition of Trailer Boats.

17.jpg

This is the sun rise over Dewees Island

P3220016.jpg

This is a view up the beach on Capers Island from the South Beach, We love Capers Island!

P1010025.jpg

Wow! @ Capers Island. It looks like one of those ancient,primordial, untouched by man seashores. The beauty there is beyond words. :camera:

Edited by SimCity