3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Now, all we need is a tower named Eighteen...

:lol: clever... that would be amusing.

While we're at it we could name the park Pyotr Park. And have swan sculptures surrounding a pond (Swan Lake) and Nutcracker decor for Christmas. Then come up with answers for thousands of puzzled citizens and press members as to what in the world Charlotte has to do with a 19th century Russian composer....

Well just in case anyone missed it, here are the stats for the first two towers Novare has announced.

Twelve:

150 room hotel

400 condos

6,000sq.ft. restaurant space

5,000sq.ft. ballroom

construction Winter '07 to Winter '08

Yet-to-be-Named Condo Tower:

27 floors with 462 condos

10,000sq.ft. of retail

construction Summer '07 to Winter '08

Is this insider information or has one of Novare's websites been updated? Also any word pricing? or when they'll open a sales office? I think I read on UP that they might just use the Avenue sales office.

Speaking of the new 3rd Ward park, I have a suggestion for it's name: Dr.Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.

We already have a MLK Jr park. It was decided earlier that this will be named Romare Bearden Park. He was born in 3rd Ward and is the only artist from Charlotte to win the National Medal of Arts presented by Ronald Reagan in 1987.

so if the site is clear why do they have to wait until winter to start construction

i don't think they are waiting until winter. They have already started a waiting list for people that want to be first in line when they begin taking reservations and contracts, and from what I was told they will continue site work, moving from demo to foundation (which takes plenty of time)

i don't think they are waiting until winter. They have already started a waiting list for people that want to be first in line when they begin taking reservations and contracts, and from what I was told they will continue site work, moving from demo to foundation (which takes plenty of time)

sounds good I cannot wait to see it go up!

Do you know how to get on the waiting list is? I wanted to sign up on that.

I work on the 19th floor of 400 South Tryon. I took some pictures this morning. Sorry some are a little blurry, I'm still figuring out the best way to take pictures through a window on a rainy day.

I hope it's okay to link to an album instead of embedding the pictures. Sorry if not.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rodney.gardner/NovareProject

As you can see, after they cleared the rubble from the implosion, they had to dig out the cement floor to get to dirt. They appear to be finishing that up. But they still have cement walls from the basement that I assume they'll need to get rid of. And the parking lot too?

Based on those photos, they are digging at more than twice the rate that the BoA project is. At this rate they could have already finished the underground deck before BoA even finishes digging.

I counted 8 excavators/bulldozers working simultaneously, and quite furiously at the foundation today. Diggin like CRAZY! Great!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Charlotte developers take note: projects don't have to progress at a snails pace!!! Novare proves it. Announce then build....

I wish the folks at First Colony would take note of this and clean their $*#t up at the old Renaissance Place site! ! There has not been any progress seemingly made there since mid-March!

On another note -- great to see this activity and quick pace at the location of the old Duke building !