3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Sooo...there is retail.  That small door to the left of car ingress/egress is actually a tiny retail spot not dedicated for leasing/amenities.  But more importantly, there is actually a large reteail spot at the corner of 4th and Graham.  I would guess about 4-6k sq ft roughly.  That corner is angled, with the entrance right on the corner to a single large space.  That area will be substantially bricked, so I'm guessing its for a restaurant with some outdoor seating options, but that part is a guess.

Spectrum Properties announced "The Mint" on the parcel along Trade between the Fed Courthouse and Presto/Celebs (though apparantly not including that building).

Architecture is pretty boring, but I actually think seven stories in the site will be decent scale.  There will be 177 units.  Construction should start by year end.

I think the most disappointing is the parking deck entrance/curb cut on Trade.

TheMint*600.jpg

Sooo...there is retail.  That small door to the left of car ingress/egress is actually a tiny retail spot not dedicated for leasing/amenities.  But more importantly, there is actually a large reteail spot at the corner of 4th and Graham.  I would guess about 4-6k sq ft roughly.  That corner is angled, with the entrance right on the corner to a single large space.  That area will be substantially bricked, so I'm guessing its for a restaurant with some outdoor seating options, but that part is a guess.

When does this thing start construction?

I now approve of this much more.

Me too. Its not a bad looking building, my only beef with it was the presumed lack of retail (and wishing it were just a little taller maybe). I hope the materials are nice, but its a good ratio of different materials to glass that would make even not-great materials look decent, and great ones maybe more attainable cost-wise :)

Me too. Its not a bad looking building, my only beef with it was the presumed lack of retail (and wishing it were just a little taller maybe). I hope the materials are nice, but its a good ratio of different materials to glass that would make even not-great materials look decent, and great ones maybe more attainable cost-wise :)

its definitely Brick and Dryvit but I'll take it. I Just want foot traffic downtown. Quality projects will come again soon.

Checkout the beginning of this timelapse (remember to switch to HD video)...I captured them moving the scaffolding from one level to another.  Also, there seems to be more activity in BofA Stadium....hopefully they are installing a better team!  argh.

Edited by MazzoMedia

There will be a new hotel on the right hand side behind trademark too :-). 15-20 floors with retail.

So what is a reasonable time we could expect any Public rumblings about that?

Love the "core" feel Charlotte is developing. As opposed to the linear feel. Now you can venture off Tryon these days and still feel youre in the middle of the action.

• Like 1

So what is a reasonable time we could expect any Public rumblings about that?

Love the "core" feel Charlotte is developing. As opposed to the linear feel. Now you can venture off Tryon these days and still feel youre in the middle of the action.

post-17104-0-53437400-1381762676_thumb.p

Here is a screenshot of the presubmittal request. So there is something brewing for sure.

My only issue with the CK tower is that is seems so wide.  They could've easily split it up into two buildings to break the massive-ness of the design.  I think that is my biggest worry about Uptown is that our projects seem to be mainly "mega-block," and we are losing a chance to truly densify.  But hey, it brings people to the city.  I do like the idea of a hotel on the plot behind Trademark as a great way to densify.  

There will be a new hotel on the right hand side behind trademark too :-). 15-20 floors with retail.

Atlrvr posted this just a couple months ago in the "Uptown Projects" thread.  Based on OHMs portfolio, it seems as if this proposal may be a huge disappointment, but I am hopeful based on the quoted size that it will be something nice. I am curious to know where you found out about the 15-20 stories part.  I tried to look up the presubmittal request but was unable.