New Orleans | Photo of the Day

NCB

NCB: I don't think the Civic is in the Warehouse district. I think its CBD proper. The Warehouse District does not cross St. Chas. I could be mistaken.

You are correct, JPK, my mistake. The Civic is a couple of blocks over from Poydras; it's in the area where you start to get into the Warehouse District, but you're not there yet. Thanks for pointing that out!

WRM, I love that stretch of Bourbon, and it's one that you don't hear about too often. I grew up on Orleans Street, which is the street that historically seperated the "party" Bourbon from the "neighborhood" Bourbon, though the clubs are really moving up to Saint Ann now. Point is, I spent alot of time on the "neighborhood" stretch of Bourbon, and have always tried to spread the word to friends, family, or tourists visiting the city to check it out. What's not suprising is that seemingly no one from outside the city, and even many from the city, have no idea that only about half of Bourbon Street is lined with clubs. BTW, when I was taking these photos, I took almost the exact route you mentioned; I walked down Royal all the way to Barracks St., walked a block over, and took Bourbon all the way back to Canal. An awesome walking route, to say the least! :thumbsup:

Here are some photos from that section of Bourbon:

467418648_d4934c3a77_b.jpg

467432219_a812ab8e5f_b.jpg

467419890_844198f2d7_b.jpg

467421266_4d03aeb236_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

371260316_fbf96711e4.jpg-2336 Valence St (Freret intersection)

465189870_c6c65c8ff5.jpg-2600-02 Jena St.

465194653_af026b3664.jpg-RenalSouthLLC.

Note: I got these pics off Flickr. They were taken in N.O.'s dangerous 13th Ward, located in the heart of Uptown New Orleans. The ward is going through a bit of gentrification. Don't be fooled, the majority of 13th Ward is ghetto but if the development continues, the ward could possibly rival the Garden District in beauty and overall prosperity. Honestly, the area could really use it.

Edited by UptownNewOrleans