Ritz-Carlton Hotel & 1 Bank of America Center

uptownliving

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In case you guys didn't catch on the front page of the O's website, there are some beautiful pictures of the interior of the Ritz Carlton.

Observer's Photos of the Ritz Carlton

When is BLT Steak scheduled to open? I haven't heard a lot about it since it was announced, but the RC website lists it as in-hotel dining and the only other option is a cafe with light fare. I would find it hard to believe that a Ritz could open without having a real dining option, mainly for in-room dining reasons. Who would expect to go to a Ritz and not have a room service option? Will this coincide with the opening of the hotel?

-edit-

OK, I just saw on the website that they are accepting dining reservations starting September 24th (hotel opens October 1). I haven't seen a sign at all for BLT Steak, but I can't say that I've looked very hard. Does this seem realistic that they will be open a week from today?

It looks like 1 BOA Center is going to wind up being around the same height as BOA Plaza. Am I correct in this assertion?

I think it will be a little bit shorter, but I don't know the exact height. It may seem like it's the same height from several vantage points when it's in the foreground though.

It looks like 1 BOA Center is going to wind up being around the same height as BOA Plaza. Am I correct in this assertion?

I've searched the web forever to try to find the official height. No luck. SkyscraperPage is down, but at one time they were listing 1 BofA Center as the approximate height of Charlotte Plaza.

pic'sMore photo's from the "O". Pretty swanky. They would probably throw me out if I walked in.

Man oh man am I impressed. I guess a tattooed/pierced freak like me had better make reservations somewhere else~ :unsure:

Lots of hype continues to build for the Ritz-Carlton opening next week... US Airways magazine had it rated as their #1 must see hotel in the country. Obviously there is some bias there, but considering some of the competition that's out there, still pretty nice advertisement.

Lots of hype continues to build for the Ritz-Carlton opening next week... US Airways magazine had it rated as their #1 must see hotel in the country. Obviously there is some bias there, but considering some of the competition that's out there, still pretty nice advertisement.

The Founders Hall end of this project has taken down the wooden barracades and is quite impressive.

The Ritz had its grand opening today. If you were out there on Wednesday just before lunch, they had an employee rally and a marching band out on Trade street. It was actually kind of cool, folks were stopping and watching along the epicenter walkways and from the LYNX CTC platform.

Did anyone else see the protesters in front of the Ritz? I was on a bus and I couldn't see what they were protesting, specifically.

The gist of the signs was something about breaking promises to employees. I assumed it would be the use of non-union labor, but maybe it's something different.

so is BLT open too? i saw people in there on Wednesday when i rode by but figured it may have just been some type of tour or a soft opening. looks nice from what i can tell, and i like that its recessed below the street. we don't have much of that in uptown and i always think its a nice dash of variety.

...speaking of which, is the level above BLT (but below the winter garden) for retail?

Yes BLT is open....there were a few people having an early lunch when I walked through....it does look nice, and I agree the below-grade is somewhat unique for Charlotte (Blue is the only other I can think of). The area above BLT is for meeting rooms. There is no other retail besides BLT at Ritz (I don't count the Spa) though once the winter garden opens, it will be accessible from the Ritz. Also, the skybridge is open. It was a pretty cool view, as far as skybridges go.

I did some freelance work for a company last night at the Ritz and these were the photos I took of the interior:

3980569153_8a358aa928.jpg

3981334886_6c499c027b.jpg

3980581577_7c5cbd2686.jpg

3981353072_f838d22c8b.jpg

3980604471_c827535d86.jpg

3981373838_3f34bd2388.jpg

3980623523_4ed63f90d9.jpg

3980634451_71094a53c8.jpg

3980641315_5808cc2d90.jpg

3980652097_9186b4506a.jpg

3981423590_ce2feb150c.jpg

3981426828_67277ee611.jpg

3980676097_2755a260ee.jpg

3980683837_e085443e32.jpg

3980691241_53b2c055e7.jpg

3980697531_5d24431c59.jpg

3980703885_ef8bbef74c.jpg

Here's the link to the set of all of the full sized images:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmophotos/s...57621982282225/

I have to say, this hotel is top notch in every category! They successfully combined modern design with classic elegance. :thumbsup:

I did some freelance work for a company last night at the Ritz and these were the photos I took of the interior:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmophotos/s...57621982282225/

I have to say, this hotel is top notch in every category! They successfully combined modern design with classic elegance. :thumbsup:

Wow...nice pictures. I especially like the shots of uptown. Charlotte looks great in these shots. You are clearly a talented photographer.

Archived