Furman Condo/Hotel Tower

atlrvr

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, I don't know the specifics, but I do know that the market is not the same as it was and that there are rumors that Furman has been affected by the market downturn. Hopefully they are just rumors because I really like this project, but I just thought I would share the info I had.

I remember back when Furman went to the City Council late last year he said he wanted to "test" the market first before closing on the property. The Council was scheduled to vote in January on the final price and close on the property....but that hasn't happened yet and we are fast approaching on March.

a market downturn???

Like I said, I don't know the specifics, but I do know that the market is not the same as it was and that there are rumors that Furman has been affected by the market downturn. Hopefully they are just rumors because I really like this project, but I just thought I would share the info I had.

I also am skeptical of this talk of failure, since Furman went through all of the trouble to purchase the land and the city basically gave Furman the nod over the others bidding on the propety (I think he actually underbid the other guys). The city did this since they knew he would actually produce a product, rather than be a land hog.

A2

Again, I hope that I am wrong about this, but my company has done the engineering work for some of Furman's projects in the southeast and we were in the running for this building so that is how I heard about this. I don't know if what I heard is true or not, but if it is true the public will not know until the signs come down because Furman is being really tight lipped about this.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived