Furman Condo/Hotel Tower

atlrvr

The music on the website is a little creepy.

All in all, I like the website but the map truly is ridiculous They probably doesn't want to give any love to Pappas and the midtown development but a larger map with that showing or some local restaurants (aquavina) might be of more interest to prospective buyers than Courtside.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad the green tint is back. Norm: replace the yellow cartridge in the printer :).

I guess Furman has determined that the quickest selling or most profitable units (or both) are the one bedroom units of varying sizes. I'm glad for it, as generally, most units only have one or two people living there anyway, so smaller units means more units and more population. More population means more street activity and economic activity.

I'm liking the new design more and more....the off angle panels at the hotel level look good. The only negative (besides the parking deck facade) is that the overall design is almost too busy.

The planned masonry, metal and glass building will have a ground-level lobby with a restaurant, bar and other amenities for both residents and hotel guests.

Some have decried it for being too busy, but I think it adds a very playful element to the skyline, plus it's not so big that it overwhelms everything near it. It's perfect for the scale.

I can imagine this as a building that doesn't make an impact on the skyline from afar, but becomes a pleasant surprise when you get close in on that side of the skyline.

the green glass is probably a response to the arena glass. as far as the parking deck... i'd reserve judgment until we see trademark's screen (which looks similar in rendering). as far as the overall look of the building - trademark looks better in reality than the rendering, which is a good thing. i think the challenge will be to have this project not to look like a strangely proportioned piece of trademark. furman has made his name designing creative solutions to infill sites. and this is the mother of all infill sites - seriously... it can't be more than 10 feet wide!!!

10 feet? It is actually 150 x 100. But your point still stands. Luckily, Furman seems to have learned a thing or two from Courtside's execution, and Trademark has really come out to be a gorgeous tower. It will be interesting thing, though, to see how residents deal with the 2 elevators for the whole tower. I assume he will apply even more lessons to this one.

In general, I like that this one's design seems so improbable, with what appears to be larger floor plates in the upper half and parking on the roof, and a smallish parcel. But somehow, I've gained a lot of confidence that Furman will pull this off to an excellent end.

And even if something doesn't turn out quite right, a few mediocre buildings will be perfectly fine with all of the attempts he is making. I believe he will still retain his good brand, and in two years, when he is half way done Concourse, and finished with Trademark, he'll announce another one. I have the utmost confidence that he can sustain himself indefinitely considering the following that his products have.

I sure hope it won't be "LodgeWorks Hotel".

The brands they typically use are Hawthorne Suites, Sierra Suites, and Summerfield Suites. But they also franchise one Hilton Garden Inn. This isn't going to be a major hotel brand, but will hopefully be a reasonably priced hotel, that will fill its rooms consistently, and still offer the residents of the condos the amenities of a hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived