Furman Condo/Hotel Tower

atlrvr

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only problem that I have with the issue of the 'backs of his buildings' being designed poorly or less flattering than the front is the fact that there is a 'back' to begin with. None of the other projects by other companies seem to even have this problem... none that I can think of anyways. I have a certain hesitation to announcements made by this company, and what seperates Courtside and Trademark was that there has always been renderings of the back side of Trademark...I guess I just don't like surprises... especially ugly skyline scarring ones.

The only problem that I have with the issue of the 'backs of his buildings' being designed poorly or less flattering than the front is the fact that there is a 'back' to begin with. None of the other projects by other companies seem to even have this problem... none that I can think of anyways. I have a certain hesitation to announcements made by this company, and what seperates Courtside and Trademark was that there has always been renderings of the back side of Trademark...I guess I just don't like surprises... especially ugly skyline scarring ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone on this forum actually live in a David Furman condo and if so, are you happy with the quality. I am considering purchasing one of his current projects in Winston-Salem and was wondering about the quality of his projects. Does he use soundproofing to minimize sound transmission through walls and floors. Looks like he takes alot of steps to cut costs by using cheap materials. With all of the other projects underway in Winston-Salem most are concrete and steel construction which minimizes sounds transmission and are not priced much higher than Blvd Centro projects. Any info that anyone has to share on his projects would be helpful in making a decision.

Does anyone on this forum actually live in a David Furman condo and if so, are you happy with the quality. I am considering purchasing one of his current projects in Winston-Salem and was wondering about the quality of his projects. Does he use soundproofing to minimize sound transmission through walls and floors. Looks like he takes alot of steps to cut costs by using cheap materials. With all of the other projects underway in Winston-Salem most are concrete and steel construction which minimizes sounds transmission and are not priced much higher than Blvd Centro projects. Any info that anyone has to share on his projects would be helpful in making a decision.

We are in the process of finishing out a unit in Trademark. The base materials are OK for a mid-high rise project with concrete slabs and reinforced concrete collumns. Where there was an adjoining wall we opted to have wall insulation added at an additional cost. I can't speak to a lower rise project. Generally speaking I think you get what you pay for -we could have spent more for the same space in another more upscale project - instead we opted to pay to upgrade the space in his project.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived