RI General Election | Nov. 7, 2006

Cotuit

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Opposed him.

And forced him to spend a lot of money fighting for the primary. That left Chafee financially disadvantaged against Whitehouse, who ad-blitzed him out of office. In the last couple weeks, Chafee was scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I hope the Pubs are happy. They could well never get that Senate seat back. :thumbsup:

I have a hard time seeing how Laffey could ever be elected governor. In one of the most liberal states in the union, his brand of conservatism doesn't play well at all. Look at Bush's approval ratings here.

Chafee, on the other hand, would get my vote over just about anyone else.

I'd be surprised if Laffey could get elected for anything now in RI. He revealed his stripes during the campaign and he's way to the right of where the state is politically. (In contrast, Carcieri is pretty conservative but is good at seeming moderate.)

Also in challenging Chafee, Laffey ended up looking delusional and egomaniacal. He could have run for treasurer, lieutenant governor, or even US rep against Langevin. But no, none of these positions were good enough for the Mayor of Cranston.

There are different ways of looking at politics...hence different political views and different parties. Just because you are gay doesn't mean that you have to be some liberal activist that hates the Republican party and equates them with a conservative Christian agenda...The principles of the Republican party were founded on conservatism and acceptance of fiscal responsibility. It had nothing to do with sexual orientation. I agree that the current administration has morphed the Republican party into promoting some neo-Christian agenda which I'm against.

However, I'm disgusted by the choices of RI'ers whom have approved multi-million dollars of bonds to further put this state into debt with no tangible net benefits. None of the literature provided me with any real insight to how the money was going to be spent....hence I declined almost everything. Unfortunately, the state perpetuated its low class status by supporting social programs and doing nothing to pro-actively pursue anything to actively increase the tax base.

There are different ways of looking at politics...hence different political views and different parties. Just because you are gay doesn't mean that you have to be some liberal activist that hates the Republican party and equates them with a conservative Christian agenda...The principles of the Republican party were founded on conservatism and acceptance of fiscal responsibility. It had nothing to do with sexual orientation. I agree that the current administration has morphed the Republican party into promoting some neo-Christian agenda which I'm against.

Archived