Master List: Major Northwest Arkansas Construction

mcheiss

Here's the last of my pics of the J.B. Hunt Tower of Excellence and the other Walton College of Business Buildings.

photos snipped

There seems to be absolutely no method to the placement of the windows, except maybe to be different? What's up with that?

That's my only beef against architects is that they try to be overly artsy sometimes.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are some uber-urban pics Matt! I especially like this one. I like the way they made the windows smaller than normal which makes the buildings look larger overall.

Here's the last of my pics of the J.B. Hunt Tower of Excellence and the other Walton College of Business Buildings.

IMG_0336.jpg

Those are some uber-urban pics Matt! I especially like this one. I like the way they made the windows smaller than normal which makes the buildings look larger overall.

The buildings are quite large to begin with (75,000 and 100,000 sq. ft) but the way they are being built does make them appear absolutely massive. I don't know that I like the way they're doing the windows, the renderings for the business building don't show the windows being as random, but it's interesting I suppose.

I'm wondering if all this news on the Cosmopolitan deserves it's own topic or not. But for now I'll go ahead and post this here. John Nock was on KNWA and talked a little about some of his projects. He mentioned the renovation to the former Radisson and that it would have a 'European look'. Not sure what he means by that. I haven't been by it yet but it sounds like they've already covered up the Radisson sign earlier this week.

I'm wondering if all this news on the Cosmopolitan deserves it's own topic or not. But for now I'll go ahead and post this here. John Nock was on KNWA and talked a little about some of his projects. He mentioned the renovation to the former Radisson and that it would have a 'European look'. Not sure what he means by that. I haven't been by it yet but it sounds like they've already covered up the Radisson sign earlier this week.

I don't know what they're going to be able to do to the outside, seems like the most they can do is a new paint job.

Also, if you don't mind Mith, I'll move these to the NWA Projects page.

I don't know what they're going to be able to do to the outside, seems like the most they can do is a new paint job.

Also, if you don't mind Mith, I'll move these to the NWA Projects page.

Besides some fresh paint they could be adding some balconies one the broad sides and large arched window treatments to the top floor. I have no idea what they have planned for those two smokestacks, which I'm assuming are elevator shafts. They may make them glass elevator shafts to give riders a panoramic view of Fayetteville. No doubt there will probably be a lot of arches added if they're going for a European look.

I took some pictures of the Superior Building in Bentonville under construction. I'm actually starting to like this project, it has a semi-modern feel to it.

Nice pics Matt. It looks pretty modern to me, but then pretty much all the buildings popping up all over NWA look modern to me. At least compared to what we had before. I can't wait to see the completed project and I'm hoping there will be plenty of trees in the parking lot and not just a massive blacktop with light poles. Unless it's supposed to include a parking deck?

Nice pics Matt. It looks pretty modern to me, but then pretty much all the buildings popping up all over NWA look modern to me. At least compared to what we had before. I can't wait to see the completed project and I'm hoping there will be plenty of trees in the parking lot and not just a massive blacktop with light poles. Unless it's supposed to include a parking deck?

No parking deck is planned. I do know that trees are planned for it, hopefully maples.

As well, I managed to get some pictures of the Pinnacle Gas Station project. They really shouldn't be marketing this thing as an "urban" gas station but more a suburban gas station. It looks like a cool concept, but it will be interesting to see if they can actually pull it off. As well, they've done some dirt work on the site, but nothing structural.

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

As well, I managed to get some pictures of the Pinnacle Gas Station project. They really shouldn't be marketing this thing as an "urban" gas station but more a suburban gas station. It looks like a cool concept, but it will be interesting to see if they can actually pull it off. As well, they've done some dirt work on the site, but nothing structural.

IMG_0378.jpg

That's impressive and very modern.

The Mill District will be getting more condos and commercial space. Owners of the mill on Prairie street will be submitting plans for a 4 story mixed used development on the site soon. The first floor will be restaurant/retail space, then the top floors will be condos. The developers are also going to build a second smaller building in the future.

Here is the story from the Times: Mill District

Here's a new project making it's way to the Mill District in Fayetteville. It's a 4 floor residential and commerical project that's suppose to be going in the old American Milling & Feed store. It looks pretty funky and electic, very Austin like. If memory serves me correctly, there's already another pretty electic mixed use project already in the Mill District as well, hopefully someone has some pics of it. I'm hoping that this is a continued effort to someday link Downtown with the Mill District, it certainly has potential. Here's a picture I took of the paper this morning.

IMG_0456.jpg

Here's I'll post Matt's pic over here as well. Nice to see something else going in over there. Doesn't look particularly mill-like but I think it will still fit in for that area. It will also provide some more condos away from the Dickson/Square area.

IMG_0456.jpg

By the way it will be going in at this former mill.

img6783ss4lo.jpg

It's difficult to get a feel for the building from the small drawing, but I'm glad the Mill District is still developing. There's a lot of potential, plus it's a great location. Whatever it is, I hope it fits in, or at least doesn't distract too much from the character of the neighorhood that has been set up so uniquely by the Mill Building (if that's the official name?).

Archived