Master List: Major Northwest Arkansas Construction

mcheiss

Matt, have you got the new four-story office building/condominium that they're supposed to be building in downtown Bentonville, across from City Hall? There's a sign with a picture of it at the site but nothing's been done yet there except the remnants of an older building has been cleared.

I covered that building several months ago. It's been in the works for years, but the sign just got put up a few months ago. If they've cleared the old print shop then construction should be starting soon. Here's some info that I posted about it:

The proposed 4-story Mixed-Use in downtown Bentonville is on hold due to the major tenant they were hoping for backing out of the lease. The developer, Tate & Haney, is hoping to find a major tenant so they can start construction on the 50,000-square-foot structure that will have condominiums, loft apartments, retail space and offices. The apartments will be for sale and some will have rooftop gardens.

Also a rooftop garden may be included in the design.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O Ok, I figured they were but around here you never know what can pop up.

I believe they are mixed use apartment buildings. They are going to have commercial/retail space on the first floor then 2 levels of apartments. They have been planned since 2004, so it is good that they are finally starting.

I believe they are mixed use apartment buildings. They are going to have commercial/retail space on the first floor then 2 levels of apartments. They have been planned since 2004, so it is good that they are finally starting.

I've seen them as well. They look nice and should add for some nice infill by those apartments.

It looks like Rogers will not be putting skyboxes on any football stadiums in the future. Janie Darr thought that the skyboxes would cause too much controversy b/c of funding issues.

But, Rogers is still going to build a second football stadium near the current High School off Dixeland. The football/sports complex would cost around $17 Million that would include a new football stadium, concession stands, track, field house, and ticket booth. As well, Rogers plans to spend around $1.8 to update the current football stadium.

Is this Sam's Club going to be bigger than the one is Bentonville? Not including the liquor store?

Not by much. I think Sam's in Bentonville is around 135,300 sq. feet. Overall you won't be able to tell any difference between the two, except for the liquor in Fayetteville.

Anyone have any info on the Springwoods development in Fayetteville of I-540.

Hope this helps.

The Springwoods planned zoning district (the development formally known as Wilson Spring Business Park) is a mixed-use development containing 304 acres, 122 acres of which is deeded to the Audubon Society for a nature preserve. Surrounding the preserve, Springwoods holds large parcels for single-family houses, multi-family buildings and commercial projects. The new Sam

Hope this helps.

The Springwoods planned zoning district (the development formally known as Wilson Spring Business Park) is a mixed-use development containing 304 acres, 122 acres of which is deeded to the Audubon Society for a nature preserve. Surrounding the preserve, Springwoods holds large parcels for single-family houses, multi-family buildings and commercial projects. The new Sam

Does anyone know what's being built off the Johnson/I-540 Interchange on the east side? There's quite a bit of red dirt over there.

I did some more research and found some more information and renders of this Johnson development. The red dirt you saw is called "The Shoppes at the Mills" development and will be a mixed-use of retail, restaurants, commercial and a park with trails. The site sits in the middle of the future 48th Street Expansion that will actually move 48th Street from the east side of the Mill to the west side. The first phase of the development is just called "Clear Creek Retail Development" and is currently under construction. As you can see from the aerial site plan the overall Clear Creek development is huge. With the Park West and Springwoods large-scale developments just a half mile south this is going to become a very urbanized section of I-540.

Clear Creek site plan:

320235501_1256d067c0_o.png

Shoppes at the Mill site plan:

320235503_bc47e6f30b_o.png

Clear Creek Retail Development renders:

320235504_7d3ca8a564_o.jpg

320235505_d25449221c_o.jpg

320235506_7172be6821_o.jpg

I knew you would post more projects from that architects website. :) I'm putting together another Master list hopefully by next week. If anyone has any suggestions on projects that I may have forgotten about or haven't heard about, please don't hesistate to post here.

Yeah, finding all those renders did motivate me to post them, but I did have to gather site plans and info from other sources too. There is just so much development planned or under way in NWA that it's mind-boggling. Good luck with the updated list. :)

Yeah, finding all those renders did motivate me to post them, but I did have to gather site plans and info from other sources too. There is just so much development planned or under way in NWA that it's mind-boggling. Good luck with the updated list. :)

So true. This next post of the master list will have about 35 new projects and plenty more pictures. I can't wait to get started on it. Anyway, I came across a development that I haven't heard anything about. It's called Park Central and is suppose to be in Rogers. Any info on it?

So true. This next post of the master list will have about 35 new projects and plenty more pictures. I can't wait to get started on it. Anyway, I came across a development that I haven't heard anything about. It's called Park Central and is suppose to be in Rogers. Any info on it?

I could swear I posted a Park Central topic a while back, but it seems we only barely mentioned it in some other topics. Park Central is where the new World Gym is being built. It's kind of weird because half of Park Central is in Rogers and half is in Lowell. Must be the reason for the "Central" in the name? I'm going to create a new topic for Park Central since it is big enough to deserve one.

I could swear I posted a Park Central topic a while back, but it seems we only barely mentioned it in some other topics. Park Central is where the new World Gym is being built. It's kind of weird because half of Park Central is in Rogers and half is in Lowell. Must be the reason for the "Central" in the name? I'm going to create a new topic for Park Central since it is big enough to deserve one.

Oh, at 71-B and Pleasant Grove Road. The only thing I've seen is dirt over there. Of course that was a few months ago. I'll check again this week.

Oh, at 71-B and Pleasant Grove Road. The only thing I've seen is dirt over there. Of course that was a few months ago. I'll check again this week.

I've added a new topic for Park Central, but as far as I know the World Gym is still on hold. The owners were all gung-ho about it a year ago, but nothing's been done that I know of. The roads are completed throughout the development and construction of the preliminary commercial site will begin early next year.

I did some more research and found some more information and renders of this Johnson development. The red dirt you saw is called "The Shoppes at the Mills" development and will be a mixed-use of retail, restaurants, commercial and a park with trails. The site sits in the middle of the future 48th Street Expansion that will actually move 48th Street from the east side of the Mill to the west side. The first phase of the development is just called "Clear Creek Retail Development" and is currently under construction. As you can see from the aerial site plan the overall Clear Creek development is huge. With the Park West and Springwoods large-scale developments just a half mile south this is going to become a very urbanized section of I-540.

Clear Creek site plan

Thanks for the info. I wonder how the Inn is going to end up fitting in with all this development around it.

Has anyone heard the status of the Nock/Alexander development on Rupple Rd. They called it "woodstock" in the NW Arkansas Times a few weeks ago. It was getting some flack about the road improvements required for increased traffic flow on Rupple. It went before the City Council last week. No word about its status, as far as I know. Anyone?

Archived