1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Charlie Crist (R)
    • Tom Gallagher (R)
    • Rod Smith (D)
    • Jim Davis (D)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been enjoying the adverts from Reform (?) party candidate Max Linn. My first thought was that he was a false flag candidate trying to woo away Davis voters but a review of his site and contributors have convinced me that he's the real deal and is going to be as attractive to pissed off Republician voters as he is to Democrats. You nuke and pave developer types are not going to like his three-year moratorium on condo development. I'm considering voting for him just on his perscription drug plank alone. If I cast a Linn vote, it will probably be one less for Crist, who currently appears to be the more progressive of the two mainline candidates.

The vast majority of his campaign funds so far are out of his own pocket.

If I cast a Linn vote, it will probably be one less for Crist, who currently appears to be the more progressive of the two mainline candidates.

How is a "JEB! Bush Conservative, no no I'm more like JEB!...no I am, he told me so! No no my head's got the same big shape as JEB!'s so I'm the chosen one"........a progressive???????

Especially when THESE folks are trying to slide into bed w/him:

"John Stemberger, the leader of the Florida Family Policy Council, said he was encouraged by statements Crist made in the closing days of the campaign"

I just don't see it Ghost.

How is a "JEB! Bush Conservative, no no I'm more like JEB!...no I am, he told me so! No no my head's got the same big shape as JEB!'s so I'm the chosen one"........a progressive???????

Especially when THESE folks are trying to slide into bed w/him:

"John Stemberger, the leader of the Florida Family Policy Council, said he was encouraged by statements Crist made in the closing days of the campaign"

I just don't see it Ghost.

Yeah well, the election is all about saying and doing whatever it takes to get elected. If it's table dancing and barking like a dog that get's the peoples attention, expect to see Crist (and Davis) in a G string shakin' it and saying bow wow. Crist was also endorsed in the primary by the Sierra Club. I'm waiting to see where the endorsements fall in the next few weeks. We should be hearing from the 1000 Friends, the LCV and once again, from the Sierra Club and Earth Ocean Justice.

Personally I'm a Barry Goldwater watershed conservative on issues like states rights and conservation, a Robert Kennedy liberal on issues like social justice and a George Soros progressive on issues like open society.

My name is Ghostof Thesuwanee and I approve this message.

• 1 month later...

Dead Heat!!!

An independent poll from Quinnipiac University this morning shows Jim Davis and Charlie Crist are in a stitistical tie in the gubernatorial race. Although he trailed by 10 points two weeks ago, Jim Davis has now closed the gap and has the momentum. The race has moved from 53-43 to 46-44 today.

GovPoll.jpg

An independent poll from Quinnipiac University this morning shows Jim Davis and Charlie Crist are tied in the gubernatorial race. Although he trailed by 10 points two weeks ago, Jim has now closed the gap to a statistical tie and has the momentum. The race has moved from 53-43 to 46-44 today.

GovPoll.jpg

I gotta say that I for one will be voting for Max Linn. I know that he basically has no chance of winning, but it is a vote for something different. If enough people vote for change then the major parites will take notice - just look at the success that Ross Perot had in 1996 and Nader in 2000.

Steve

I gotta say that I for one will be voting for Max Linn. I know that he basically has no chance of winning, but it is a vote for something different. If enough people vote for change then the major parites will take notice - just look at the success that Ross Perot had in 1996 and Nader in 2000.

Steve

I hope our buddy Steve here is a republican or one that would have voted for Crist. And I hope there are more out there like him. :D

GG... no way are you going to tie FSU's football program to any democrat... Bowden is an outspoken republican at least since 2000, which may explain why his program has struggled. J/K. I know if I was a talented athlete, I wouldn't want to play for a man who I don't agree with politically. That would make or break my decision to join a football team right there. LOL!!! :D

hmm...ok... ya know I'm kinda slow on these things.

Anyone see this Debbie Boyd commercial? Flippy Flop... it must be paid for by republicans. How sad they use the same tactics year after year.

I love when the opportunity arises to return the favor. It's so amazing to me how suddenly this year, family values aren't an issue. I guess that's a bit difficult when you're trying to cast attention away from the fact that the republican candidate is divorced, with no family. Not to mention the shake up in the republican party with the whole Foley thing. What do you say GG?

hmm...ok... ya know I'm kinda slow on these things.

Anyone see this Debbie Boyd commercial? Flippy Flop... it must be paid for by republicans. How sad they use the same tactics year after year.

I love when the opportunity arises to return the favor. It's so amazing to me how suddenly this year, family values aren't an issue. I guess that's a bit difficult when you're trying to cast attention away from the fact that the republican candidate is divorced, with no family. Not to mention the shake up in the republican party with the whole Foley thing. What do you say GG?

Archived