1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Charlie Crist (R)
    • Tom Gallagher (R)
    • Rod Smith (D)
    • Jim Davis (D)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem is that I've vowed never to post in Coffee House, given the difficulties I've had with the mod.

I understand, a lot of people have had a problem with the mod. Post it here though. Ill keep an open mind. I agree its a flawed system, but like I said, its the best option out there. I really would like to see it.

Hey Dale, Go Gators! :thumbsup:

hardy har har...say all you want, but just remember to say 4 MORE YEARS! :thumbsup:

I think Republicans fear Smith a bit more than they do Davis. Was it just me, or did Davis look like a whimp the other night on stage with Smith... bear in mind, I was VERY neutral up until the end of the debate.

I think Republicans fear Smith a bit more than they do Davis. Was it just me, or did Davis look like a whimp the other night on stage with Smith... bear in mind, I was VERY neutral up until the end of the debate.

I like Rod as a person. "Republicans fear Smith," now I know you have been reading on his website and endorsements lol. Smith has way to many ties to big Sugar, he will be crucified (no pun intended from earleir) for it. He is a good speaker though, Im glad you like him instead of Davis.

Respect the position? Please! This is not a monarch, and he didn't actually win in my eyes. But that's all behind us... I know I've had that discussion more than I care to.

Is Smith still leading Davis in your exit polls?

Yes, the position. It has nothing to do with a monarchy. Its the Office of the President of the United States of America, regardless of who is actually in it. Regardless of 2000, Bush still convincingly won in 2004.

Its actually about tied. The 40% of the undecideds will not vote until Sept. 5.

On a bit of a side note, did anyone catch Mayor Nagin's comment on the WTC site? Pathetic.

Comparing WTC to NO is like comparing apples to oranges, but I don't think Nagin's comment was pathetic and I'm not even a big fan of his.

Anyone watch Spike Lee's documentary on HBO about Katrina? Very good IMHO and it left me w/more questions than it did answers.

Go right on criticizing the Prez TJ, you have every right to b/c we aren't a monarchy......yet.

Comparing WTC to NO is like comparing apples to oranges, but I don't think Nagin's comment was pathetic and I'm not even a big fan of his.

Anyone watch Spike Lee's documentary on HBO about Katrina? Very good IMHO and it left me w/more questions than it did answers.

Go right on criticizing the Prez TJ, you have every right to b/c we aren't a monarchy......yet.

The quote "you guys in New York cant get a hole in the ground fixed. That was 5 years ago" doesnt bother you at all? Possibly a bit disrespectful to the people who were murdered in that mere "hole in the ground" I think. Pathetic.

I agree, criticize away, but still be respectful. America lacks it.

The quote "you guys in New York cant get a hole in the ground fixed. That was 5 years ago" doesnt bother you at all? Possibly a bit disrespectful to the people who were murdered in that mere "hole in the ground" I think. Pathetic.

I agree, criticize away, but still be respectful. America lacks it.

No doubt the same could be said about what the New York reporter(I'm guessing the guy was from there by what Nagin said) said about not cleaning up the 9th Ward was disrespectful of all those that died in NO especially in the 9th Ward. But I will agree that wasn't the best way to handle it, meaning two wrongs don't make a right.

No doubt the same could be said about what the New York reporter(I'm guessing the guy was from there by what Nagin said) said about not cleaning up the 9th Ward was disrespectful of all those that died in NO especially in the 9th Ward. But I will agree that wasn't the best way to handle it, meaning two wrongs don't make a right.

From what I saw on CBS' website, the interviewer was simply asking the mayor's opinion of some flooded cars, etc that were still left over from the storm (in a non confrontational way), and Mayor Nagin quickly snapped back...its as if the mayor was trying to make a bigger issue than was being made.

It seems some are more judgemental that others on things like this. There are going to be times when people do and say things we don't completely agree with, but we have to put ourselves in their shoes. To Nagan, and again I'm not a fan of his, the disaster in NO is just as bad as what happened in NY, despite the fact that casualties don't match. This might explain some of his comments and actions over the past year.

Archived